Along with Nexus 7, Google Nexus 5 was dropped from the update list. But this doesn’t mean it won’t receive the latest updates anymore. Luckily there are plethora of developers who still love Nexus 5. We have already seen a couple of ROMs for Nexus 5 based on Android 7.0. But none of them is stable enough to use as a daily driver.
Until now all the ROMs based on Android Nougat gives you an overview how it looks on Nexus 5. All of them are slow and contains many bugs. So they are not good to use as daily driver. But now another developer named as “Santhosh M” developed a AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat ROM for Nexus 5.
According to the first tests the experience with this ROM is great. No bugs are reported until now, but the developer says that the ROM may contain any bug that he is not aware of otherwise it would have fixed them. AOSP Android 7.0 ROM for Nexus 5 is the best you can find around. So if you want to use Android 7.0 Nougat as daily driver, take a look at this ROM.
The experience is very smooth. Multi Window works perfect and the third-party apps run very fast. So if you want to give it a try, read below how to download Android 7.0 AOSP ROM on Nexus 5.
- To install this ROM you will need to install a Custom Recovery on your Nexus 5 first. It’s recommended to use the latest version of TWRP. It’s probably the best recovery and it has a pretty simple user interface.
- Root access is also needed. It’s not hard to root a phone this days. There are plenty of tools that will root every single phone with a single click.
How to install Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on Nexus 5
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into recovery.
- We recommend to do a Nandroid backup just in case anything goes wrong or you may want to revert back to your current ROM.
- Make a full wipe, everything.
- Go to install section and flash the ROM.
- Go back to the Recovery main menu and flash Nougat Gapps.
- Reboot your device.
Don’t forget to enjoy. The first boot may take more time than usually but it is completely normal because the system needs to configure the files for first time use. If you want to share your experience with us, feel free to write in the comment section below.