Slow charging issues are quite popular among smartphone. The battery is a crucial thing because without power the device is useless. While traveling or at home, people often complaining about Galaxy J5 battery draining way faster than usual and sometimes the device doesn’t charge at all.
Samsung has launched a plethora of devices with various specs and different prices. They have been in the market for a long time and driving good revenues from their devices. The Galaxy J5 is quite a popular device because the mid-range price and so many people have purchased it. Well, for the price you can’t get any better. Samsung has proven to produce high-end smartphones but still, these devices are suffering from some nasty problems.
The battery issues happen all the time so in this article, we have written about some workaround solutions you can follow to fix Galaxy J5 slow charging issues.
How to fix slow charging problems on Galaxy J5
- Use a different USB cable or charger
If you have been using the same USB cable and charger for months or years it’s time to try a new one. Using a different charger is the first thing you should check if your Galaxy J5 have battery charging issues. With the time the accessories degrade and may not function properly. So it’s better to borrow your friend/sibling/mother/father/ charger and check if your device is charging properly.
Using an original charger that comes out at the box when you purchase your phone is the best. The other can result in not charging the device properly hence you should always find an original cable.
- System Dump
When completing a system mode dump, it will debug the panel and allow for the execution of different functions. There are also useful functions to give a boost to your network speed, the following will compete a system dump.
- Go to “Dialer”
- Type in (*#9900#)
- Go to the bottom of the page and select “Low Battery Dump”
- Select “Turn On”
- Remove and examine the battery
When it comes to high-end mobile devices, a big problem is a non-removable battery hence it’s quite difficult to examine the battery. But the Galaxy J5 comes with a removable battery so it’s quite easy to examine the battery and even replace it if it’s damaged.
If you are facing issues with your Galaxy J5 not charging properly then remove the battery and check it for lumps or any kind of irregularity in shape. If the battery is defective in any case then it’s dangerous for both the phone and the users. There are many cases where the battery has exploded out of nowhere.
If your battery is leaking, then you can check the edges of your mobile for the wet issue. If there is no leakage or examination issue than the problem lies somewhere else.
- Close down all Background applications:
The background applications also play a major role in slow charging your mobile. The Samsung Galaxy J5 slow charging problem can occur if there are many applications running in the background. Do follow the below steps to close them:
- Hold and press the “Home” button and after the screen display the application screen release the button.
- Turn to the task manager section and click on the “End all applications”.
- You will find at the top of the screen there is a “RAM” option to be found, do look forward to selecting the same to clear the mobile memory.
The above steps will help you to close all the applications running in the background and can keep in touch with the fact why your mobile couldn’t able to charge or why the process of charging is too slow.
These are some of the few measures that you can try at your home and fix the issue. But if you find the problem lingering from a long time then do look for a shop that can able to help you out with the best of the solution and do check if your mobile is in guarantee period to avail the services from the company today.
- Try charging the phone is safe mode
If there is still battery left to power the phone then reboot your device in safe mode. By doing so you can rule out the possibility that the problem is caused by any of the installed apps. Safe Mode will disable all the apps you have installed and will run the phone with only the apps that are installed by default. Here’s how to boot your phone into safe mode:
- Press and hold the power button to turn off your Galaxy J5.
- Press and hold at the same time the Volume Down and the Power key.
- When the Samsung logo appears, release the power key but continue to hold the Volume Down button.
- Let the phone to turn on while still holding the Volume Down button. All the process may take a few seconds.
- When the phone turns on you will see a note “Safe Mode” in the left corner of the screen.
- If not repeat the steps from the beginning.
If you can’t boot your Galaxy J5 in Safe Mode by following the steps above, alternatively, there is another way. Follow the steps below:
- The phone should be on. Press the phone key and it will display the power options on the screen.
- Tap and hold the ‘Power Off” until ‘Restart to safe mode’ prompt and then release it.
- Tap restart and the phone will boot into safe mode.
While your device is in safe mode try to charge it. If it’s not charging properly we can say that the installed apps have nothing to do with the issues. But if the phones charges normally then you should definitely factory reset it.
If none of the above Samsung Galaxy J5 charging problem solutions worked for you, then you should try to replace the battery or ask for a professional service.
We would like to hear your experience with this issue. Feel free to let us know in the comment section below.