People are so addicted to the smartphone that they cannot think to survive without it. Today people want to change settings according to requirements like DPI which will help to modify content on the screen according to the user preferences.
Xiaomi is one of the best smartphones today when it comes about price and features which makes it possible for everyone to afford to have a smartphone. Xiaomi phone runs MIUI version of Android and it gives an option where it is possible to change DPI (dots per inch) even without rooting the phone.
People who were eager to use this feature before Nougat were required to root phone and change DPI. MIUI 9 is the best interface which has introduces many new features but removed the option to change DPI. If you have Xiaomi device and you want to change DPI follow below-mentioned instructions.
- You need to enable Developer Options. If you haven’t done yet, go to Settings > About Phone > Build Number. Tap a couple of times repeatedly and a message will appear saying “You are now a developer.
- If you go back to Settings you will notice a new menu named Developer Options.
- Open it and find USB Debugging. Tick the checkbox to enable it.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot on your computer. You can learn more about it here.
- The developer who made this possible is located in Hong Kong, China. So you may need to install a CPN service on your phone and connect to a Hong Kong server. You can find VPN providers in Play Store.
How to change the DPI in Xiaomi phones without root
To change the DPI on Xiaomi phones running MIUI 9 without having to root your device, you must follow carefully the steps below:
- Turn off WiFi because the process is required to be done using mobile data. Also, make sure your device is linked to an MI Account.
- Connect your phone to the computer using an original USB cable.
- Then go to the abd and fastboot folder and open a command prompt window there. Hold the Shift key and right-click on a blank space. Choose open command prompt here.
- Type the following code:
adb shell wm density 380 exit
- Entering these 3 commands only will help to set DPI to 380. In the code above it’s picked 380 but you can make it smaller if you want.
- To reset the density type the following code:
adb shell wm density reset exit
Following the steps below will help you to change DPI on Xiaomi phones which are running MIUI 9. Now it’s actually possible to change DPI without actually needing to root the phone and the overall process it is very easy. One best thing is that the density of the phone will retain even after you reboot the phone so there is no need to go through all the process every time you restart the phone.
So if you have a Xiaomi phone and decide to try the above guide do let us know your experience with your device. If you want to ask something feel free to do it in the comment section below. We would be happy to help you with everything you may need regarding your Android device.