Here you will download the best and the most popular Custom ROM for Android devices. CyanogenMod 13 is now available for Huawei Y6. It is an unofficial build and you may find few bugs here and there but the ROM in overall is fully-working and you can use it as a daily-driver.
CyanogenMod 13 is a Custom ROM based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and the ROM is developed for Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 (msm8909) processor. CyanogenMod 13 is the first ROM based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Huawei Y6. Even though it’s unofficial build the ROM works great.
In this post, we will walk through a step by step guide to get things ready, because you need to install few things before going to install the ROM.
Let’s get started:
By installing a custom ROM on your device, in this case, CyanogenMod CM 13 the warranty will be voided. Here at DoryLabs, we are not responsible for any troubles you may experience. Remember you’re doing this at your own risk, so do not point the finger at anyone if something goes wrong. If you don’t know what a custom ROM is, you should do some researches and then come back here to learn how to install CM 13 on Huawei Y6.
- The bootloader must be unlocked. There are many guides how to do this. Just make a simple Google search to find it.
- Install the latest build of TWRP custom recovery. Use the link above to find a working build.
How to install CM 13 on Huawei Y6
- Unlock the Bootloader
- Download the ROM from the link above and move it somewhere on your phone internal storage.
- Download Gapps and move them as well to the phone internal storage. Select arm 6.0 and then choose your preferred package.
- Turn off your phone and boot into TWRP recovery.
- We strongly recommended doing Nandroid backup. It’s pretty easy to do and restore back if something goes wrong.
- Wipe data and factory reset.
- Flash the ROM zip file.
- Flash Google Apps, Gapps.
- Reboot and Enjoy
The first boot may take quite a while because the system will configure for first-time use.
Dual Sim users:
Grap dualsimfix and flash it after installing the ROM, but before installing gapps.
Do you have something you want to share with us? Do you have any problem you need any help?
Feel free to write in the comment section below. We would be more than happy to know your experience.