CWM Custom Recovery finally made its way to the unique phone of Samsung. The Galaxy Note Edge is now a step away to the big world of Android customisation. It would be bad if a device like Note Edge will not experience the real power of Android. And this can be experienced only by custom support. If you stay on stock you can enjoy only those feature that the manufacture allow you, but if you are rooted and with a Custom Recovery installed, your Galaxy Note Edge will be a real beast.
As usually every Android device come with a custom recovery installed but it doesn’t allow you to do various actions. That’s why is needed a Custom Recovery. You can perform more actions with it like wiping Dalvik Cache, flashing Custom ROMs and Kernels and much more that you can’t do in a Stock Recovery.
It took a while for Samsung to spread this device in the markets around the world. Some developers preordered this device and manage to get it in their hand before others. Once taking this device developer also starting Custom Support. There is not much time that Galaxy Edge is around the market, so probably those who are addicted to unique phones probably have bought one. If you have this device in your hand it’s a pity not to use Custom Supports since it release the real power of the device.
To begin flashing, playing and tweaking with your Galaxy Note Edge, firstly you will need to have a Custom Recovery installed. If you can’t wait to modify, play and enjoy the features and the power of Galaxy Note Edge which has a Snapdragon 805 Quad Core CPU 2.7 GHz and 3 GB Ram. So don’t lose time and go ahead to learn how to install a Custom Recovery to Galaxy Note Edge.
- This Guide is only for Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915K & SM-N915S Korean. Don’t try to flash this file on ony other phone because it will result in bricking your device. Go to Settings > About Phone and make sure that your phone model number match to one provided above.
- Check your phone battery and make sure it is charged at least 70% so it will not go dead during the flashing procedure. It it goes dead will result in soft bricking and you will need to wipe the data as well.
- You will have to flash the Custom Recovery using Odin3, so you have to turn on Samsung KIES, Windows Firewall and the Antivirus software if you are using one.
- Just to be safe make a backup. In case everything goes wrong you will still have access to your files and recover them immediately.
- Downland Samsung USB drivers and install them.
- Download Odin3 V3.09.
- Download N915X-CWM-recovery-184.108.40.206(1205).tar