Here is a step by step guide how to install your favourite Custom Recovery on Alcatel One Touch X’Pop 5035D. In this guide your are going to find the links to download CWM & TWRP recoveries. But if you want you can install any other recovery like COT and others.
Before starting with the guide you have to install the apps below. This is required to make sure that your computer will recognise the phone.
Once you downloaded the files and install them, you are ready to go ahead and install any Custom Recovery on your phone.
How To Install CWM or TWRP Custom Recovery On Alcatel One Touch X’Pop 5035D
- Download and extract MTK Droid Root & Tools
- Download and extract SP Flash Tool
- Download CWM or TWRP Custom Recovery from links below:
- Put this folder in MtkDroidTools\backups
- Start Flash Tool.
- Press that button on the right called “Scatter-Loading”
- Go to that folder and look for a file called “MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc” and then press open.
- You will be back to the Flash Program, you might need to extend the size of the application so you can see all the files that are loaded like Preloaded/DSP_BL/MBR up till Android.
- Uncheck all the boxes including the Android One.
- Check Recovery and click on Recovery. Another window will appear where you have to choose the recovery.
- Select the Recovery you want to install.
- Once you do that, go to the download and press yes on the upcoming error. Shut down your phone and connect it to PC through an USB cable.
- You should see to turn red to yellow and it will copy the recovery to the phone.
- At the end you will se a green ring. You may need to put out thee battery and put it back to let it be recognised.
- Press Power key and the Volume Up button to eneter in the Custom Recovery.
When it succeed use the volume buttons to navigate to the option reboot and press the Power button. Your phone will restart.
- ClockWorldMod CWM Custom Recovery
- TWRP Custom Recovery for ICS 4.0.X
- TWRP Custom Recovery for Jelly Bean 4.1.x