Download and install ClockWorkMod (CWM) or TWRP Custom Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S5. Flashing a Custom Recovery on an Android device opens the first port in the way of customizing an Android device. It allows you to flash numerous things like Custom ROMs and different mods to modify the system.
This article is about how to install CWM & TWRP on Samsung Galaxy S5. Remember that flashing the recovery will void your warranty and no one expect you is responsible for that.
The CWM Recovery you are going to find below doesn’t work on all variants of Galaxy S5. It is confirmed to work:
To check you device version go to Settings > About Phone > and check the model number of your phone.
This CWM Custom Recovery it is tested and it doesn’t work on these versions of Galaxy S5.
- G900H – exynos
- G900V – locked bootloader (thanks Verizon)
- G900A – locked bootloader (thanks AT&T)
How To Install CWM Custom Recovery On Samsung Galaxy S5
- Download ODIN3 from the download section below.
- Start ODIN3.
- Click on PDA or AP tab, depending on ODIN version and select Recovery.tar.md5 you will download from the download section below.
- Take your Galaxy S5 and put it in Download Mode – Turn it off and then press ad hold Volume Down + Home + Power Button to boot the phone.
- Once your phone is in Download Mode, connect it to computer using an USB cable.
- Make sure repartition is not checked.
- Click Start Button.
- Wait for it to finish.
- That’s all. Enjoy!
- ClockWorkMod Custom Recovery. Download here.
- TWRP Recovery. Download from here.
- ODIN3. Download here.
Sometimes the device doesn’t boot into Recovery. In this case make the whole procedure again and if it still is not installed make sure that in ODIN the “Auto Reboot” is not checked. Then after flashing, you can boot in Recovery using Volume Up + Home + Power Button to boot manually into Recovery. This will start the install process