A port of CyanogenMod 12.1 based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop is available to Galaxy Express users. Thanks to kotzir a XDA Senior Member now every Galaxy Express user can enjoy Lollipop. So even though you don’t have a high-end device this does not mean that you won’t enjoy the latest updates. There are plethora of devices that don’t receive official updates but thanks to developers they enjoy mostly of the features.
If you don’t know what is CyanogenMod let me say that it is the best ROM you can find around. There are many developers working on CyanogenMod team to bring the latest feature on your hands. The ROM is stable enough to be considered as a daily driver so if you think it’s time to change something on your phone and make it cool then go ahead and install CyanogenMod 12 on your Galaxy Express.
Here at DoryLabs no one shall held any responsibility for bricked devices or any other trouble with your phone. If you are concerned about what this mean and the features of this ROM, do some researches and then come back here. We only provide the guides but only you can decide to go further or not so if you want to install Android 5.1.1 on Galaxy Express proceed at your own risk.
Getting Things Ready
- This ROM you are going to find here is only for international variant Galaxy Express GT-I8730. Do not try to install it on other phones because you will get a bricked device. To check you phone model number go to Setting -> About Device -> Model Number.
- You have to charge your battery at least to 60% so the phone won’t turn of unexpectedly otherwise it will result in a soft bricked device and you don’t want to mess up with that.
- Make sure you have already made a backup of all your important files. Even if anything goes wrong you still have your files and can restore them immediately. To do a backup you can use any third-party app or if you are rooted and installed a Custom Recovery do a Nandroid backup because it will create a full copy of your system.
- Root access. If you haven’t rooted yet your device go ahead and find a method to root it and then continue to install CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Express.
- You should have the latest version of TWRP Recovery on you phone. Check it from here and after installing the latest version proceed with the ROM installation
How To Install CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop On Galaxy Express GT-I8730
- First of all it’s strongly recommended to do a backup just to be safe because this method involves in flashing files and even though the files are tested, problems still can happen.
- Turn off the phone and boot into Recovery.
- Wpe everything like data, Cache, Dalvik Cache.
- Flash the ROM zip file.
- Flash Gapps.
That’s all you have successfully installed Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Galaxy Express with CyanogenMod 12.1. The first boot may take a while so don’t worry. Let the device to turn on and your Galaxy Express will be running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.