The latest build of CyanogenMod ROM made its own way to Samsung Galaxy S5. CyanogenMod 12.1 is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop and brings big updates over the Android Lollipop. Firstly it fixes memory leak issues founded on Lollipop 5.0.
The ROM is also improved for better performance and to run without any lag. Android 5.1 brings also a new security feature to make your phone more safety. The Cm 12.1 ROM comes thanks to the “Team Nocturnal” and it should work for all variants that comes with Snapdragon 801 processor while for the octa-core Exynos variant there is still nothing.
According to the developers the ROM is still in the first steps so you may find a few issues on it. The ROM is considered as stable enough to be used as a daily driver. There are a lot of people who already have tested CyanogenMod 12.1 Android Lollipop 5.1 on Galaxy S5 and until now nothing is reported.
So if you want to install CM 12.1 on your Galaxy S5 go ahead and follow the step by step guide provided below. It is a well-explained guide but if you need further information, don’t hesitate to ask. Remember that your warranty will be voided because this guide involved in rooting the phone and flashing files.
Note: Here at DoryLabs no one is responsible for bricked device, dead SDcard or any other problem you may experience during and after the installation of CyanogenMod 12.1 on Samsung Galaxy S5. We only provide the guide but only you can decide to go further or not. So if you want to do it, procced at your own risk.
- Root access. Be sure you have rooted your Galaxy S5.
- Install a Custom Recovery. It is suggested to use TWRP.
- Do no try to install this ROM on any other devices. It will work only on Galaxy S5 and if you flash it on other phones, it will result in bricked device.
- I strongly recommend to do a backup before continue. It will be needed if anything goes wrong. You can restore your data immediately. A nandroid backup will be perfect because it will create a full copy of your system image.
- Make sure your phone is charged up to 60% so it will not go dead during the flashing process.
How to install CM 12.1 Android 5.1 Lollipop on Galaxy S5
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into Recovery. Press Home + Volume Up + Power Button.
- Wipe Data and Cache.
- Flash the CM 12.1 zip file.
- Flash Gapps.
- Reboot and do not forget to Enjoy!
The first boot will last more than usually, sometimes up to 10 minutes because it’s a big update. Once your phone boots successfully, it will be running Android 5.1 Lollipop.