Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos is the next device added to the CyanognMod Android Lollipop list. This is a good phone for the price it has, and the big screen make this device prefered by a lot of people. Samsung didn’t support this phone too much. The latest updtate released by Samsung for this phone was Android 4.2.2 and since there Samsung stopped supporting this phone.
But Galaxy Grand Duos has many users around the world, and many developers still use this phone. So the Custom Support is keeping the phone alive. Sometimes Custom Support can be better than official support. Custom ROMs are always better than stock ROMs because they have a lot optimisations that can make you phone even more faster. Custom ROMs are also free of blotwares and manufacture pre-installed apps which are annoying and use phone memory and drain the battery.
Let’s go back to our phone Galaxy Grand Duos. It has received an unofficial build of CyanogenMod 12 based on Android 5.0 Lollipop. This ROM is still in early stage and there are many things that still need to be fixed. However this phone has all the features of Android Lollipop so it’s a good choice if you want to test Android Lollipop on your Galaxy Grand Duous. The ROM is ported by the XDA Recognized Developer pawitp.
So if you own a Galaxy Grand Duous now you have the chance to try Android Lollipop features on it. Before flashing the files provided below make sure your phone is updated to Android 4.4.2. It will flash a new bootloader that will make the ROM work. So without further ado let’s jump in the installation procedure.
Table of Contents
How To Install CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0 Lollipop On Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos
Note: Your warranty is voided if you decide to flash the files below. I am not responsible for anything happens to your phone. You decided to mess up by your own. So if you damage your phone it’s only your responsibility. Follow the below steps carefully if you don’t want to brick your phone.
- This ROM is only for Galaxy Grand Duos so don’t flash it in any other phone because it will result in bricking the phone.
- The battery should be charged more than 70% so your phone will not go dead during the flashing process. If it goes dead will result in soft bricking.
- You phone must be rooted and a Custom Recovery should be installed.
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery with SELinx support. Download files (.tar) (.zip).
- Older CWM will result in a “status 7” error.
- Make a backup before continuing, so if anything goes wrong you still can have your data and easily restore them.
- Turn of the phone.
- Wait for at least 5 seconds.
- Turn it on again by pressing Volume Up + Power button + Home Key.
- Flash the ROM, download link below.
- We suggest flashing Google apps to.
- That’s all.
- CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0 Lollipop for Galaxy Grand Duos. Download here.
- Google Apps. Download here. http://d-h.st/users/dhacker29/?fld_id=27426
What’s not working.
- FM Radio
- Screen Record
- Sim Toll Kit STK not fully working.
- Camera app crashes sometimes.
- Wake up can cause music stutter, not always but sometimes.
- Few issues with call audio.
- Unable to un-pin screen without rebooting.
- Launcher shortcut of apps moved to SDcard might disappear. This is a launcher issue so use another launcher to fix it.
What’s working: Everything that is not on non-working list.