In this post, we will share with you a custom ROM for Xperia M4 Aqua. It is not a popular device so there is not much support about it. However, still, you can get Android 7.1 Nougat on Xperia M4 Aqua by installing AOSP Custom ROM.
According to the developer of the ROM, it might not be stable enough to be used as a daily driver even though he is working to fix that. Until now there are several people who have tried the ROM and haven’t reported any issues with it. So if you want to give it a try go ahead and learn how to install AOSP ROM Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Xperia M4 Aqua.
Here at DoryLabs, we will not be responsible if you run into troubles such as bricked devices, dead SDcards or if you break up with your girlfriend. Your warranty is voided and if you have any concerns about the features included in this ROM, do make some research before flashing it. Remember you are doing this at your own risk and if something goes wrong do not put the finger on anyone.
Download AOSP ROM Android 7.1.1 Nougat For Xperia M4 Aqua
- You should have root access and a custom recovery installed. It’s recommended using the latest version of TWRP.
- Charge your phone up to 60% so it will not shut down unexpectedly. If it does you might end up with a soft bricked device and that’s not a good idea.
- Backup all your current files such as photos, videos and everything else you want to save. It’s recommended to do a Nandroid backup. It will create a backup of all your current ROM and you can restore it back easily later.
How to install Android 7.1.1 AOSP ROM on Xperia M4 Aqua
- Download the proper file from the download section above. Make sure you are downloading the right file. Go to Settings > About Phone and check your phone model.
- Move the ROM file to the phone internal memory, somewhere you can find easily later.
- Turn off your phone and boot into recovery using the proper key combination.
- Wipe full data.
- Go back to recovery main menu and navigate to the install section. Select the ROM file you downloaded and confirm to flash it.
- Wait for the phone to flash the ROM and then Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache.
- Reboot the phone and enjoy.
Temporary fix for SDcard
If you have any question about this topic, feel free to ask in the comment section below and we will be happy to help you with anything we can do.