Once a new device got released, developers start to port its featured apps and make them available to download and install on the other phones so you can get a feeling of the latest goodies. If you are a Samsung fan you can now download the Galaxy Note 8 home launcher and install it on other Samsung devices.
The only requirement to get the Galaxy S8 launcher and its apps is the Android version of your phone. To install the Galaxy Note 8 apps and launcher, your phone should be running on Android 7.0 TouchWiz Nougat and higher.
If you have updated your phone recently you may have got the Nougat update. However, to make sure if it will work, go to Settings > About Phone and check the Android version. If it’s 7.0 or higher you’re good to go and download the Galaxy Note 8 Launcher and Apps as apk files or a single zip file to flash via recovery.
Thanks to AlexisXDA you can now install the Galaxy Note 8 home launcher apk on any Samsung Galaxy device. There are two ways to install it either flashing the file via recovery which will also update the other apps or extract the zip file and install the Galaxy Note 8 launcher apk. If you decide to extract the file you will notice that the developer has ported also the other stock apps of the Galaxy Note 8.
These are ported directly from the system dump of the Note 8 and are its official apps. They aren’t quite different from Galaxy S8. Of course, that are some new features and improvements because this phablet comes with Android 7.1 instead of Android 7.0.
So no matter what Samsung device do you have, as long as it is running on Android Nougat you can download and install the Galaxy Note 8 Launcher and system apps. Below is everything you should do to get them. Just make sure to follow everything carefully.
- Galaxy S8 TouchWiz Launcher | Download
How to install Galaxy Note 8 Launcher & Apps (Zip File)
If you decide to flash the zip file via recovery then you should install one. It’s recommended to have the latest build of TWRP because it has quite a simple user interface and works great. The other recoveries work fine as well.
- Download the package from the download section above. Make sure to download the file on your phone internal memory.
- Turn off the device and boot it into recovery. To do this press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power Key.
- The device should now boot into recovery. Navigate to the install section and choose the file you downloaded.
- Flash the file and restart the device.
- Once it boots up you will notice the Galaxy Note 8 Launcher and its apps.
If for any reason you don’t want to flash the zip file you can install the apk file. Below is a step by step guide what you should do to install the Note 8 Launcher apk on any Samsung Galaxy device. Remember that your device should be running Android TouchWiz Nougat 7.0 and higher.
Install Galaxy Note 8 Home Launcher apk on any Galaxy Device
This method isn’t tested yet but it should work. However, if you want to give it a try do at your own risk.
- Download the zip file from the link above.
- Extract the zip file and open the extracted folder.
- You will notice the APK files of all the apps. Find the one you want to install. In this case, install TouchWizHome_2017.
- Install it as a normal apk file and reboot your phone.
- Change the default launcher and enjoy.
If you have any other concern or question related to this article feel free to ask us in the comment section below. We would be happy to help and assist you further.
Also, if you decide to try this, we would be happy to know your experience.