As usually in my daily researches on the Android community I found something that worth sharing. Galaxy S5 Lollipop Dialer app and Contacts are ported to Galaxy S3 KitKat ROMs. The developer who posted these apps named as “Costin Ramon” says that the apps are compatible only for KitKat ROMs.
If you have already updated your Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4 KitKat and you stopped there, then you should do a little changes to your device to make it colourful and enjoy a piece of Material Design, the new Lollipop skin. Until now the app are not tested on all KitKat ROMs so we can’t say anything sure that these apps will work perfectly on every ROM.
They will work on Android 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 and are tested only on Blekota ROM and S5 Lite ROM. You can try it on your ROM and let us know in the comment section below if they have worked for you. If you give your contribution here lot of people who are not experts in Android will have it easy to learn if S5 Lollipop Dialer app and Contacts will work on their ROM.
- Root access. Your phome must be rooted to continue with the installation of S5 Lollipop Dialer and Contacts.
- File Manager with root access. A good one is ES File Explorer or Root Explorer. They can be downloaded both from Play Store.
- It’s recommended to do a backup of all your files. Even if you run into troubles, your personal files will be safe.
How to guide
- Download both files from link above on your phone internal storage.
- Using Root Explorer copy the files and paste them in System app and priv-app replacing the existing files. Make sure to save somewhere the original files is you want to revert back.
- Reboot your phone.
- That’s all. Once your phone boots you will see Galaxy S5 Lollipop Dialer app and Contacts installed on your KitKat Galaxy S3.
If you want to transform totally your Galaxy S3 and enjoy the the Lollipop on it, you should check the Best Android Lollipop ROMs For Galaxy S3.