The Galaxy S8 is now released worldwide and it’s available to buy at almost all the local shops. Even though it is such a great device with a plethora of features and optimisations, not everyone wants to buy it, especially if you recently have purchased a Galaxy S6 and S7 or maybe their edge variants.
These devices may look old now but they are awesome. If you don’t want to upgrade and spend money on the new Galaxy S8, you can transform your device into a brand new S8. A new custom ROM is created recently and it will bring all the Galaxy S8 experience on the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.
Named as Noble ROM, it is based on Android 7.0 Nougat and has the new UX of the official Galaxy S8 firmware. Also, this ROM has all the Galaxy S8 apps and the features and optimisations its Android version brings over the old Nougat firmware of Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.
Noble ROM is based totally on Galaxy S8 firmware bringing new UX, new app icons and plenty of other features. In one simple word, this ROM is a “copy” of Galaxy S8 firmware with March security patch. The ROM is deodexed and rooted with Magisk as well. It has few built-in mods such as Dual Speaker Surround Sound, Advanced Power Menu and Screen Recorder.
In the guide below we will walk through a step by step guide to get things prepared and install Galaxy S8 ROM on the Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge.
How to install Galaxy S8 Noble ROM on Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge
Disclaimer: Here at DoryLabs, no one will be responsible for any troubles you may encounter while getting the Galaxy S8 full experience on Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge. Flashing a Custom ROM is not considered as an easiest task to do so if you have never flashed a ROM before and if you don’t have a clear idea what this is all about, then better do some researches and after that come back here to install Galaxy S8 ROM on the Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge.
Galaxy S8 Noble ROM will work on the following variants of Galaxy S6:
and the following variants of Galaxy s6 Edge:
To check your phone version go to Settings > About Phone.
- Charge your phone up to 60% so it won’t shut down unexpectedly. If it turns off during the ROM installation you will end up with a soft bricked device.
- Install a custom recovery. To install Galaxy S8 ROM on Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge a custom recovery is needed. It’s recommended to download and install the latest build of TWRP that now supports Android 7.0 Nougat.
- Make a backup of your current ROM, just in case. If you have a custom recovery installed then do a Nandroid backup. It’s quite easy to do and restore back just in case you don’t like the Galaxy S8 experience.
How to install the ROM
- Download the ROM from the link above and put it on the phone internal storage.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery on you Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge.
- Turn off your device and boot into recovery using the proper key combination. Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button at the same time.
- Once the phone boots into recovery, wipe data, cache and then perform a factory reset.
- Go back to recovery main menu and go to the install section.
- Select the ROM file you downloaded and confirm to flash it.
- Once it is flashed, reboot your phone.
The first boot may take a while, a couple of more minutes than usually. This is normal because the phone is preparing itself for first-time use. Once it boots up, you will have a full Galaxy S8 experience on your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge.
If you have anything you want to share with us or anything you want to ask, feel free to do it by commenting below.