In this post, we will share with you the Galaxy S8 official launcher. The new Samsung flagship device is officially released and its launcher is now available as a standalone apk to install on other devices.
To download the Galaxy S8 TouchWiz Launcher APK you must look below to find the download link and the guide how to install it. But first, you should know that this apk is tested only on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge and according to the developer it should work on other Samsung devices running Android Nougat Firmware.
So if your device is updated to Android 7.0 Nougat download the Galaxy S8 TouchWiz Launcher APK from the link below and install it to test the new launcher. The S8 launcher brings plenty of new features. If carries a new icon pack with redesigned icons and a new way of opening the app drawer. The overall design of the firmware has been redesigned and improved.
Android Phones running Nougat firmware can give the Galaxy S8 Launcher a shot and test its features. It’s confirmed working on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge but the developer says it should work on other devices as well. Just make sure the phone is running Android Nougat firmware.
How to install Galaxy S8 Launcher APK
Note: This apk file works only on Android Nougat. Do not try it on other versions of Android. Go to Settings > About Phone and check the Android version of your device.
Download the apk file from the link above. If you downloaded it on the computer, move the file to the phone internal storage. Locate the file, tap on it to open and install it as a normal apk file. If you haven’t installed a third-party apk file before, below is a step by step guide how to install the Galaxy S8 Launcher apk. Follow the guide to get the Galaxy S8 Launcher on any Android device.
- Download the apk file from the link above. Download it from your device.
- Locate the apk file you just downloaded and open it. If you are getting an error probably you should enable Uknown Sources. Head over to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources. Check the box next to it to enable it.
- Now you will be able to install third-party apk files. Locate the Galaxy S8 Launcher APK again and open it.
- The launcher will be installed now. Once it’s finished press the Home button and select the “TouchWiz home” option.
- If launchers crashes, go to Settings > Applications > TouchWiz Home > Clear Data and Cache.
- Press Home button and it should work now.
Basically, that’s all. You have successfully installed Galaxy S8 TouchWiz Launcher on your Android device.
How to uninstall Galaxy S8 Launcher and get back the previous launcher?
If you are tired of the Galaxy S8 launcher or if you don’t like it and want to revert back to default and install the previous launcher, here is a quick guide how to do it. It’s pretty simple.
- Take your phone and go to Settings > Applications.
- On the top right corner, tap the three-dot menu icon and select ‘Show system apps’
- Scroll down and look for the “TouchWiz home” application. Tap on it and on the new window tap again the three dots menu. Select “uninstall updates”.
Now you have successfully uninstalled the Galaxy S8 launcher. If you have any other question feel free to ask in the comment section below. We would be happy to help you with any issue you may have related to this topic.