When Android Oreo 8.0 has been released, One Plus has given an update for the Oxygen OS and now the latest version for is Oxygen OS 5.0. This is the OS that supports the Android Oreo 8.0 on One Plus officially. But the newest version of Android is Android Oreo 8.1 and to have this on One Plus 5 is to download unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 ROM.
One Plus 5 was launched in June 2017 and came with the then latest version Android Nougat. The phone is launched with a dual camera set up which is the reason for portrait mode of photography. This 5.5-inch mobile has AMOLED display. One Plus 5 comes with the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon version Snapdragon 835 which is one of the most powerful processors in the world. It includes 8GB RAM and internal memory is expandable up to 128GB. These amazing features made One Plus 5 the best flagship phone available in its price range.
Some points to be remembered before installing Lineage OS 15.1 are:
- It is unofficial and early version of ROM, so some features present in official ROM will be missing in this ROM
- It is unstable ROM
- Factory reset must be performed on the phone before installing the ROM.
- All the data present in the mobile must be backed up.
- To install Android Oreo 8.1 on One Plus the Oxygen OS 5.0, if your mobile isn’t on One Plus 5, then update your mobile first and then proceed to the next step.
Steps to Install LineageOS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo
- Reboot the phone into TWRP recovery i.e., switch off the phone completely and then press power and volume up button, hold for 3-4 seconds.
- Wipe the data present on your phone in the Wipe data section.
- After wiping all the data, download the required files mentioned in the above links on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using the original USB cable.
- Open the install section in TWRP.
- Select the LineageOS 15.1 zip file and flash it by swiping on the screen.
- Select GApps package zip file and swipe it to flash.
- Now wipe the cache and reboot OnePlus 5.
- Once it is rebooted you can observe your phone working on the latest Android version Oreo 8.1.
Check also: Download Omni ROM Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5T
Now you can enjoy the brand new features of Android Oreo on your device. As it is unofficial and unstable use carefully. You can find some features missing but there is nothing much to do about it. The developers are planning to go through step by step procedure while providing the features. More features are likely added in two to three months