TWRP which stands for Team Win Recovery Project is an open source custom recovery project for Android devices. It provides a plethora of options and customizations over the stock default recovery. Every Android device has a default stock recovery installed by default but it allows you to perform basic operations such as install OTA updates, wipe cache and factory reset.
On the other hand, if you’re an Android enthusiast and want to customize your device deeper you may want to install a custom recovery and TWRP is the best option you can find. It provides much more options such as install custom ROMs, mods, make a full Nandroid backup etc.
In this article, we will walk you through a step by step guide how to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi 5 and 5 Plus and also Razer phone.
Neither here at DoryLabs nor Team Win Recovery Project will take any responsibility if you break or damage your phone. Keep in mind you’re doing all these at your own risk so don’t blame anyone if something goes wrong. You’re doing this at your own risk and do not point the finger at anyone if it doesn’t go as you want to. And also remember to not miss a single step because all are quite important for a successful procedure. If you made up your mind you’re good to go.
- Charge your device up to 60% so it will not shut down unexpectedly during the installation procedure.
- Unlock the bootloader of your device.
- Download and install adb and fastboot on your computer. If you haven’t done yet you can follow this post.
- Install the proper USB Drivers on your computer so you will make sure the PC will recognize the phone.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock. You can do it by going to Settings >> Developer Options. If you don’t know how to do it you can check this guide.
Once you make sure to follow all the requirements above you’re good to go and download TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi 5, 5 Plus and Razer phone. Download the right file for your device;
- TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi 5 | Download
- TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi 5 Plus | Download
- Razer phone TWRP Recovery | Download
How to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi 5, 5 Plus and Razer phone
- Connect your device to the computer via an original USB Cable.
- Download the TWRP Recovery for your device and copy it in the same folder where adb and fastboot are installed. Rename the recovery file to recovery.img
- Go to that folder and press Shift button and right-click on a blank space. Open a command prompt window there and run the following code:
C:\adb>adb reboot bootloader
- Ensure the computer has recognized your device by running the following code:
- If your device is on the list then you are good to go and install the TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi 5, 5 Plus, or Razer phone.
- Run the following code:
C:\adb>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- TWRP Recovery will be installed on your device. After it’s done reboot the phone.
You have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your device. It supports touch screen to make navigation quite easy. The user interface is also nice and simple to use.