Though Google is putting a lot of efforts to bring new features for Android, there are many users who want to get the complete control on their devices. It means you can customize your device deeper than the manufacturers allow you to do.
The tool which enables the users to customize the mobile completely is Xposed Framework developed by rovo89. Xposed is very famous among Android users. To use Xposed on your Android device you need to root it first. A new version of Xposed is launched for Android Oreo and it is safer and stable to install on your Android device.
Here is a step by step guide to install Xposed Framework on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Download the Xposed Installer on your device.
- Download the Xposed v89 installer on your device from the following links.
- Xposed for arm Android devices.
- Xposed for arm64 Android devices.
- Framework for x86 Android devices.
Steps to follow after downloading the files
- Make sure that you have recent TWRP Recovery installed on your phone and root access is enabled.
- Transfer all the files to the internal storage of the phone.
- Reboot the device by pressing and holding volume down button and power button. Here the phone will reboot in TWRP recovery mode.
- Click on install.
- Find the Xposed Installer.zip file and start the flashing procedure by swiping the screen.
- After the flashing is completed, restart your device.
- Find the apk of Xposed Framework and install it.
- You had got the Xposed Installer on your device.
Some of the best modules of Xposed Framework
Once you have installed Xposed you will need to install also modules to customize your phone. You can find these modules on your Xposed installer. The best modules that help in the better performance of your phone are; Amplify and Greenify.
This will improve the battery life of your phone after rebooting and in fact, the device will be charged more quickly than earlier.
Advanced Power Menu
APM+ will help in customizing the power menu of the phone. It will bring the useful tweaks like an instant reboot on the quick power menu. Flashlight option can also be added to the quick power menu.
X tether to unblock the connections
If your device had ever blocked by some other person so that you can’t use their network, then the best app to solve your problem is X tether. By using X tether you can unblock your device from all the other devices which have blocked you.
Gravity Box for additional customization.
If you are from one of those persons who want every single thing on the phone to be customized then the best tweak for you is Gravity Box. You can customize the phone from the lock screen to status bar. This gravity box is different for different Android Version, so it is important for picking the correct Gravity box supported by your Android.
This app lets you change the fonts on your Android device. Users can change the fonts individually for each app or use the same font for all the apps.
YouTube AdAway will let you eliminate the ads that annoy when you are watching any videos on YouTube.
This module helps you in changing the settings of different apps and makes them as you like.
If you are from one of those users who like to customize the phone as you like and don’t mind rooting the phone, then the Xposed framework will help you to change the phone and bring a completely new look to your phone.