Echoe ROM is one of the best ROMs for Galaxy Note 4. Since it is a new device there are not too much Custom ROMs available. They are still in developing stage so if you want to install a Custom ROM on your Galaxy Note 4 you don’t have many choice. Echoe ROM is based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat with all its features and with many other optimizations.
Echoe ROM for Galaxy Note 4 is a pre-rooted ROM so if you haven’t root your phone yet simply flash the ROM and it will be rooted. It has a customization section under Settings tab where you can easily customize your phone. It has many option and it allows you to do lot of changes. A characteristic of Echoe ROM is the SMS app where you can have folder view and the ability to save messages on your SD card.
Echoe ROM is full of features and we are listing here those that we think are most important.
- Updated to N910FXXU1ANK4 Official Samsung Firmware
- Default kernel: N4 AEL v3.7 (No OC Version)
- Default TW Launcher, 5×6 Hotseat
- Long press home open recents
- Default System UI: 3minit battery mod and Potato Gradient Mod
- Camera mod updated to Samsung latest version
- Default Key Maping
- Enabled Call Recording
- Enable Private Mode
- Viper4Android Sound Mod
- Fixed screen mirroring
Note: We are not responsible for any damage on your phone. Be carefull to follow the steps and do it at your own risk. Always remember rooting your phone and installing a Custom ROM will void your warranty and raise KNOX to 0x1 and you cant do anything to reset it back
How to install Echoe ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Always do a backup before performing such actions.
- Your phone must be rooted. Check our guide.
- A Custom Recovery should be installed. Go here to install it.
- Enable USB Debugging. Go to Settings > About Phone > Build Number, tap seven time on it and a new message will appear “You are now a developer”
- Go to Settings > Developer Option > USB Debugging. Check the box.
- Make sure you have at least 80% battery so your phone will not go dead during flashing procces.
- Make Sure that in Settings > General > Security the option “Reactivation Lock” is unticked.
How to install
- Download the ROM and move it somewhere on phone memory when you can easily find it.
- Turn off your Galaxy Note 4.
- Boot into Recovery. Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power Button
- Once you are on Recovery perform a Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
- After that Clear Cache.
- Install zip from SDcard and select the file you downloaded.
- Flash the file.
- Wait for it to finish.
- Enjoy !
The first boot may last more than usually. Once the phone is tuned on it will be running Echoe ROM.
If you have any issues with LTE, do the following: Grab a root explorer. Go to data > property and find persist.radio.lteon. Open it and change the value from false to true. Save and reboot.