Samsung has implemented many features in the TouchWiz software of Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge but hasn’t enable them by default. On of the hidden features of Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge is call recording. It’s not enabled by default because in some countries isn’t legal to record a call.
Almost every Android has a call recording feature and this two brand new devices can’t be an exception. You are here because probably you were looking for a button which can record a call on Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge and you hadn’t find it. Even though the call recording feature is implemented in the software of these phone you can’t find it around.
You will need to enable the call recording ability in order to record a call on Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. If you want to enable it you will need to do some work. It’s not hard nor easy but if you are an Android fan you can do it easily.
You will need to root your phone but it will void you warranty because the root will trigger the KNOX value to 0x1 and you can’t do anything to revert it back. KNOX is a security feature presented by Samsung and if its value is triggered you will void your warranty. Even if you flash the official TouchWiz firmware and Factory Reset the phone to make it like new, the KNOX value will not be reverted back.
So if you are ready and you know what you are doing go ahead and enable call recording feature on Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge so you can easily record a call with only one tap.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. Do not try it on other devices because you will run into trouble.
- First of all you need root access. Even though Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge are brand new phones they are already rooted. The most easiest method is using CF Auto-Root by Chainfire.
- Install a File Explore with root access. A good one is Root Explorer and you can download it from Play Store.
How To Enable Call Recoding Feature on Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge
- Open the Root Explorer or any similar File Manager and navigate to system/csc
- Find a file named others.xml and open it using a file editor.
- Scroll down at the end of the file and add the following code.
- Save the file and reboot.
- Once the phone is turned on, simply make a phone call. You will see a button on the screen which can enable and disable call recording.