Flashing a MediaTek phone is not so easy. First of all, we struggle to find the right firmware and then to get the necessary tool to flash it. However if you search a bit probably you will find a way, and if you have the right knowledge you can easily flash any phone even if you can’t find a step by step guide to show you everything.
In this post we are going to help you to flash Lenovo A5000. You are going to learn how to flash a stock firmware KitKat or Lollipop on Lenovo A5000. Below is written a step by step guide so you can understand it better what you have to do.
Just make sure to follow carefully all the steps and in just a couple of minutes you will successfully flash your phone.
Here at DoryLabs no one shall held any kind of responsibility for bricked device or if the third world war begins. If you don’t know what you are doing than you would rather go and search then come back here to flash Lenovo A5000. Remember you’re doing this on your own risk and don’t put the finger to anyone if something goes wrong.
So if you make up your mind, don’t lose time and jump into the guide below to install and official firmware on Lenovo A5000.
- The major issue when trying to flash Lenovo A5000 and other MediaTek phones is the issue of finding the right driver. To help you out with this we wrote a guide how to install the proper MediaTek USB drivers on your PC.
- Go to Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
- Save your important files such as photos, videos and more somewhere else where they can be safe and you can access them later.
- Charge your phone up to 70% so it won’t shut down unexpectedly during the flash process.
You can also download Android KitKat firmware for Lenovo A500 and follow the steps below:
How to install official firmware on Lenovo A5000 – KitKat and Lollipop
- Make sure you have the correct drivers properly installed on your computer.
- Download and unzip Smartphone flash tool.
- Download and unzip the right software for your Lenovo A5000.
- Open flashtool.exe you will find in the extracted folder of smartphone flash tool.
- Click on Scatter-loading and select the scatter file that is located in the extracted folder of firmware.
- It should look like the picture below:
- Tick the box: DA DL All With Check Sum then click on Firmware –> Upgrade
- In the Download-Agent choose MTK_AllInOne_DA (if it’s not selected).
- On the drop-down menu, below the inscription Scatter-loading File, select the “Download Only”
- On SP Flash Tool, click the Download button (green down arrow).
- Connect the phone to computer using the original USB cable.
- Flash the phone.
- Once the installation of the firmware finishes, a large check mark will appear.
- Unplug the phone from computer and you start the initial setup of the phone.