Meizu’s Flyme OS for Sony Xperia Z is now available and you can give it a try. Meizu has been a little slowly adding supported devices to their Flyme ROM over the past year. Until now we have seen only Samsung Galaxy S4 and Nexus 5 receiving the ROM. Now it’s time for another device to experience Meizu’s Flyme ROM features. Sony Xperia Z is the next device to receive it. This ROM is based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat and has all its features and optimisations, so if you want to upgrade your phone, Flyme OS can be a good choice.
Flyme OS is a customised version of stock Android and it is used by Meizu manufacture on their smartphones. The ROM has its own characteristic interface. If you have never seen a device running Meizu’s Flyme OS below you will find few characteristics of the ROM. Mostly of Meizu’s devices are running Flume OS V3.0 even though the latest version is 4.0.
So here they are few characteristics of Meizu’s Flyme OS V3.0. Fisrt of all it has a revolutionary visual experience. Flyme OS V3.0 revolutionised the way how your Android devices look with simple and natural transitions to enhance the overall visual experience.
Flyme OS has also its own characteristic icon pack. All the icons are differently than Stock Android giving you a new experience using a high end device. Meizu has also included Phone Finder and NFC features to its ROM. This two options are a smart choice from Manufactures because they are very helpful for Android users.
How To Install Flyme OS To Sony Xperia Z
- This ROM if only for Xperia Z L36H variant. Don’t flash it on other devices because it will result in bricking your phone.
- Go to Settings > About Phone > Model Number. Make sure your device has the same model number before installing the ROM.
- A rooted phone.
- A Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM must be installed.
- Meizu’s Flyme OS. Download here.
How To Guide
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- If you have installed any other ROM, choose Clean To Install New ROM.
- Do a full wipe, System, Cache, Data, Dalvik.
- Chose Install Zip from SD card.
- Chose the file you downloaded above.
- Wait for the flashing process to finish.
The first boot may take few time than usually, but it’s normal. Wait for the phone to turn on, and enjoy the Flyme Operating System On Xperia Z.