Galaxy Note 3 is enjoying Lollipop thanks the developers who have created Custom ROMs for it. Now it can enjoy the official Lollipop firmware. So if you don’t like a Custom ROMs and want to stay as close to stock as possible now you can install a stock lollipop firmware.
We have seen an early version of stock Lollipop firmware for Galaxy Note 3, but it doesn’t have all the features and optimization of this latest release. This firmware is smooth and it runs faster than the previous one.
You can install it simply by using the popular tool Odin which is safe enough to flash files on any Samsung device without being afraid for any interruption or for something that might go wrong because of the app. The Stock Firmware number is N900XXUGBNL8 an you can install it by following the steps below:
- Stock Android Lollipop Firmware. Download here. Mirror 1. Mirror 2.
- Odin3 flash tool. Download here.
- This Stock Firmware is only for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 variant. Do not flash it in other phones because it will result in bricking the phone.
- Make sure to charge the battery up to 60% so the phone will not go dead during the flashing process.
How to install Android 5.0 Lollipop Stock Firmware on Galaxy Note 3
- Turn off your Galaxy Note 3
- Boot it in Download Mode by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power button.
- Open Odin3 tool on your PC.
- Connect your phone to PC using an USB cable.
- On Odin click on PDA or AP tab depending on your Odin version.
- Select the Firmware you downloaded from above and click on it.
- Click Start and wait for the process to finish.
- That’s all.