A Custom Recovery has more options than a stock one. Every Android device has a recovery installed by default but it is very limited when it comes to perform developing options such as installing mods, ROMs and other files that will affect on operating system.
One of the best Custom Recovery you can find is Philz Touch. It is an advanced version of CWM Recovery which is ported in a huge number of Android devices. CWM Recovery is good, but Philz Touch is even better. It has much more options than other devices. In many cases Philz Touch support touch screen also.
Below you are going to find a step by step guide to install Philz Touch Recovery on Galaxy Note 3 Neo and begin your way of developing. To make sure nothing goes wrong please follow all the steps carefully and don’t hesitate to make a question if you have one.
Note: This procedure involves in flashing files so it will trip KNOX and void your warranty. We are not responsible for bricked device or any other problem that can happens. If you have any concern about what is all this, please do some research.
- This Custom Recovery is only for Galaxy Note 3 Neo SM-N7502 3G dual sim variant. Don’t flash on other devices because it will result in bricking your device.
- Always do a backup before flashing files to your phone. Whatever it happens your files will be safe and you can restore them anytime.
- Download and setup ADB drivers for your device. Link below.
- Download and install ODIN3 flash tool. Link below.
- ADB drivers. Download here
- ODIN3 flash tool. Download here.
- CWM/Philz Touch Recovery. Download here.
How To Install CWM/Philz Touch Recovery
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into Download Mode (Odin Mode). Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power Button at the same time and release when you see Note 3 Neo logo.
- Press Volume Up to confirm.
- Once you are in Download/Odin Mode connect your phone to computer using the original USB cable.
- Open Odin flash tool.
- If a pop-up appears like installing ADB drivers, wait for it to finish.
- Check the COM Tab on Odin3 and make sure it shows a number. It doesn’t matter what number it is because it’s the port number.
- Click AP Tab and then select the Recovery file you downloaded from link above.
- Untick Auto-Reboot Button.
- Click Start.
- Wait for it to finish and then turn of the phone and remove the battery.
- Put it back and now boot into Recovery using Volume Up + Home + Power Button.
How To Root Galaxy Note 3 Neo
- Download the latest version of SuperSU from here.
- Copy it somewhere on SDcard.
- Turn off your device and boot into Recovery (Volume Up + Home + Power Button)
- Select Install Zip from SDcard.
- Select SuperSu you downloaded from above.
- Flash it.
- That’s all.