Finally a CyanogenMod build is available for Galaxy Note 4. The build is not official yet, but is stable enough so if you want to enjoy Lollipop on Galaxy Note 4, this ROM is an awesome choice.
CyanogenMod ROM is the most popular when it comes to Custom ROMs. The CyanogeMod is updated every time when a new version of Android is released. Once Android Lollipop was released we saw plethora of devices receiving CM builds officially and unofficially. This time for Galaxy Note 4 the CM 12 build is not official. Thanks to a group of developers from XDA, now you can enjoy Lollipop features in your Galaxy Note 4.
Note: We are not responsible for any damage happens to your phone. This method involves in flashing files, so anything can happen. Do it at your own risk.
- Download latest build of CM 12 from here.
- A previous build of the ROM in case that the latest build doesn’t work. Download here.
- Google Gapps. Download here.
- A rooted phone. If you hadn’t rooted yet, check our guide here.
- A Custom Recovery installed on your phone. Check our guide how to install a Custom Recovery on Galaxy Note 4.
How to install CM 12 CyanogeMod Android 5.0 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- This ROM is only for Galaxy Note 4 910F. Make sure your device is the same model as the mentioned above. Flashing this file in another device will result in bricking your phone.
- The battery should be charged at least 60% so your phone will not go dead during the flashing process.
- Make sure to do a backup before flashing the ROM. Doing a backup you will be safe. Even if anything goes wrong you still have your data.
How to Flash CM 12 5.0 Lollipop on Galaxy Note 4
- Turn off your phone.
- Turn on again but this time in Recovery.
- Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik Cashe.
- Flash the ROM.
- Flash Gapps.
The first boot can take a few minutes than normally. There is nothing to worry, just sit back and wait for your phone to turn on. It will be running Android Lollipop.