Having an Android device you are able to experience the features of newest devices without having to purchase them. There are a plethora of Custom ROMs available for almost every single device that exists. There unique custom ROMs and other who are based on the software of newest released devices. In this post, we will share with you dn4 ROM for Note 2.
DN4 stands for Ditto Note 4 and is a Custom ROM that will bring the Galaxy Note 4 features to Galaxy Note2. Galaxy Note 4 comes with Android 4.4.4 out of the box and at the moment it was announced it features plenty of new options comparing to the older devices such as Note 2. Among the features that stand out are; the incoming pop-up call notification, application pop-up and new recent application menu.
Comparing to the Galaxy Note 2, the Galaxy Note 4 has much more to offer. Well, of course, it’s a newer device and if you want to get its features on your Galaxy Note 2 then go ahead and download Ditto Note 4 Custom ROM.
A group of XDA Developers named as Electron Team come up with a ROM called as Ditto Note 4 ROM (DN4). Firstly a year ago they messed up with Note 3 and created Ditto Note 3 ROM which was available for Galaxy Note 2 devices and contains all the features of Note 3. This time the Ditto Note 4 ROM packs up all the Galaxy Note 4 features and bring them to Galaxy Note 2. This ROM will definitely give your Note 2 a new life.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is considered as one of the best Android devices of all time. There are a lot of people who still use a Note 2 device since even why it’s a little old it still works perfect, and developers know how to give life to older devices even though the new ones have come. Installing Ditto Note 4 ROM on your Note 2 might be a reason not to upgrade to Note 4 but to purchase a newer device,
Table of Contents
Ditto Note 4 ROM Info
- It’s based on TouchWiz ROM.
- Features are ported from Galaxy Note 4.
- AGNI Kernel By default.
- Rooted and Deodexed.
- Standalone flashable zip file.
Here are some screenshots from the developer.
How To Install Ditto Note 4 ROM To Galaxy Note 2
- This Guide is only for Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above so make sure you have the same device before starting the guide. To check your device model number go to Settings > About Device. If you flash the ROM on other devices it will result in phone bricking.
- Battery should be more than 60% charged
Make sure your battery is fully charged so you will not have problems during the procedure. If your device goes dead during the flashing process it may cause soft bricking and you will have to go back to stock and wipe the data as well.
- Backup Everything
Just to be safe perform a backup. Even if the procedure doesn’t go well you are safe. Your data will not lost. If something goes wrong during the procedure you can restore your data immediately.
- Flash a Custom Recovery.
A Custom Recovery is needed to flash this ROM. So do a little research and find a way how to install Custom Recovery. It is suggested to use TWRP recovery.
Related: Download Galaxy Note 8 Apps
How to install Ditto Note 4 ROM on Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
- Before starting to flash this ROM you must have read all guidelines explained above.
- Make sure that you are running your Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 (MJ5 bootloader) or higher. If you upgrade from an early version it may cause problems.
- Reboot in TWRP Recovery. Turn off your device and turn in on again by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Download Ditto Note 4 ROM zip file and put it somewhere on your phone’s SD card or internal memory.
- Boot again in TWRP Recovery and select install > DN4_BY_ELECTRONG_TEAM.zip file and flash it.
- It will take a while until the ROM get flashed. Once the installation is done. Perform a Factory Reset by using wipe data option in TWRP Recovery.
- Reboot again and setup your new ROM and enjoy the features of Galaxy Note 4.