The Galaxy Note Series by Samsung has reached the 4 generation. Just a month before Samsung announced the next Galaxy Note device. We are used to see beast devices from Samsung. Even in this time it can’t be different, the Galaxy Note 4 seems to be really a beast in Android World. It comes with plenty of features and with improvements in both hardware and software that makes it stay atop of all Android devices so far.
Running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat the newest Samsung TouchWiz UI Galaxy Note 4 packs up lot of cool features and improvements. The UI has some great changes that make the display eye-catching. Among this there are also some awesome features like incoming call pop-up notification, application pop-up and new recent application menu. Air command is also improved with some new features. Almost all the other apps are improved like Music Player, Video Player and much more.
This features makes the Galaxy Note 4 the perfect choice over the numerous Android devices still now. The only bad thing with this device is that it cost too much and it can’t afforded by many people. But the previous device of Galaxy Note series are still a good choice if you want to have a good Android device on your hand. They may not have the awesome feature that the cool Nte 4 device has but this is not a problem any more.
A group of XDA Developers named as Electron Team come up with a ROM called as Ditto Note 4 ROM (DN4). Firstly a year ago they messed up with Note 3 and created Ditto Note 3 ROM which was available for Galaxy Note 2 devices and contains all the features of Note 3. This time the Ditto Note 4 ROM packs up all the Galaxy Note 4 features and bring them to Galaxy Note 2. This ROM will definitely give your Note 2 a new life and make it powerful.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is considered as one of the best Android devices of all time. There are a lot of people who use a Note 2 device since even why it’s a little old it still work perfect, and developers knows hot to brings again to life older device even though the new ones has come. Installing Ditto Note 4 ROM on your device has proven to be a reason not to upgrade the device to newer one.
Ditto Note 4 ROM Info
- It’s based on TouchWiz ROM ported from S3 Korean version.
- Features are ported from Galaxy Note 4.
- AGNI Kernel By default.
- Rooted and Deodexed.
- Standalone flashable zip file.
Here are some screenshots from the developer.
How To Install Ditto Note 4 ROM To Galaxy Note 2 And Get All Note 4 Features
- This Guide is only for Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above so make sure you have the same device before starting the guide. To check your device model number go to Settings > About Device. If you flash te ROM on other devices it will result in phone bricking.
- Battery should be more than 60% charged
Make sure your battery is fully charged so you will not have problems during the procedure. If your device goes dead during the flashing process it may cause soft bricking so you have to go back to stock and wipe the data as well.
- Backup Everything
Just to be safe perform a backup. Even if the procedure doesn’t go well you are safe. Your data will not lost. If something goes wrong during the procedure you can restore your data immediately.
- Flash a Custom Recovery.
A Custom Recovery is needed to flash this ROM. So do a little research and find a way how to install Custom Recovery. It is suggested to use TWRP recovery.
How to install Ditto Note 4 ROM on Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
- Before starting the guide and flash this ROM you must have read all guidelines explained above.
- Make sure that you are running your Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 (MJ5 bootloader) or higher. If you upgrade from an early version it may cause problems.
- Reboot in TWRP Recovery. Turn off your device and turn in on again by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Download Ditto Note 4 Room (DN4_BY_ELECTRONG_TEAM.zip) and put it somewhere on your phone’s SD card.
- Boot again in TWRP Recovery and select install > DN4_BY_ELECTRONG_TEAM.zip file and flash it.
- It will take a while until the ROM get flashed. Once the installation is done. Perform a Factory Reset by using wipe data option in TWRP Recovery.
- Reboot again and setup your new ROM and enjoy the features of Galaxy Note 4.