How To Get Rid Of Snapchat Discover Feature On Android App
Recently Snapchat has received plethora of updates. It look like the developers are working hard to add more features to the app but these features are not always welcomed by the users. Called as a new feature, the latest update of Snapchat brings a new option named as Discover. There you will see stories from other popular media online like CNN, Cosmopolitan, Daily Mail, People, Yahoo, Food Network and many others.
The app was first introduced few months ago and it has a dedicated page in the app. To see all these stories you had to swipe one time in the right for friends stories and swipe again to view the featured stories from the popular media worldwide. In the beginning it wasn’t much annoying but the next update made it very nasty. So even though these stories has their own page inside the apps, they will appear also on the main page.
So you have to see all these stories on the main page along side with the friends stories and live stories. Lot of Snapchat users are complaining about this and even they have asked for a way to disable or if possible to remove that option completely. Discover feature it’s not only nasty but it drains a lot your mobile data because it uses the internet to load stories from the popular sites.
If you want to remove this feature I have to say that unfortunately you can’t do anything in the latest version of the app. The only thing you can do is to downgrade to an older version. It’s safe to do that and after that everything will be working fine expect the fact that “Discover” won’t be there anymore. So follow the steps below to get rid of discover feature on Snapchat.
- Root access. You will need to have a rooted device because we will use an app which need a rooted device.
- Titanium Backup. Download it from Play Store.
- You will need to have the latest version of Snapchat installed on your device. It’s probably the one that is installed on your device but however go to Play Store and search for Snapchat and check if there is any update.
- Snapchat 8.1.2. Download apk.
How to disable Discover feature on Snapchat Android app
- Download the latest version of Snapchat or if you already have it installed open the app and log in.
- Close Snapchat and open Titanium Backup and choose to back up Snapchat.
- Then uninstall Snapchat and install the 8.1.2 version, apk link above.
- Open Titanium Backup again and Restore only Data. Do not restore App or App + Data.
- Once the restore process complete close it and reboot the phone.
- Open the app and Enjoy.
Please note: The “teamsnapchat” may send you a wonder that your version of app is out of date and it will stop working. It is not going to happen. Lot of people have done this trick and all them are enjoying Snapchat without the Discover annoying feature.