Right after the release of the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus worldwide, the developers have found a way to get root access. These devices are great phones so it’s a pity not to have the chance to use their full potential. Fortunately, the Magisk Root tool now supports the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus and you can root them in just a couple of minutes.
But before going to root the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus you may want to know what is Magisk root tool. Basically, it is a zip file that modifies the phone’s boot image and adds files to /data and /cache. Th tool has a simple user interface which gives you full control over the phone. The popularity of this tool is growing rapidly because it supports almost all the high-end devices.
At the moment you can not root all the variant of the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. The only devices you can root with Magisk rooting tool are:
- Samsung Galaxy S8 G950F, G950FD, G950X, G950N
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ G955F, G955FD, G955X, G955N
To check your phone variant go to Settings > About Phone. Make sure your phone model is supported and then go further to root the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. If you have another phone variant do no try it because you will brick your phone and will run into software issues.
You should install a custom recovery on the Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus. If you haven’t installed yet, you can follow this guide. Also, make sure to charge your phone at least 60% just to make sure it won’t turn off unexpectedly during the process. Just in case, you may want to save your files somewhere else. This guide is very safe and works great but it never knows.
- Magisk Root Tool | Download
- Disable dm-verity for optional encryption | no-verity-opMat-encrypt-3.1.zip
How to root Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus with Magisk Root tool
- Download Magisk rooting tool from the link above and move it somewhere on your phone internal storage.
- Download the “dm-verity” file as well
- Turn off your phone and boot into recovery using the proper key combination. Press the Volume Up + Bixby + Power key at the same time.
- In Recovery menu tap on “Install Zip” and select the “dm-verity” file. Flash it to make encryption optional.
- Go back to Recovery Mode.
- Flash Magisk zip file.
- Restart the phone.
Once the phone turns on, go to Play Store and download Magisk Manager. Now the only thing you should do is to enjoy the rooted Galaxy S8 or S8+.