In this article we are going to show you how to create a website shortcut on the home screen of your smartphone. You are going to find both guides for Android and iOS which are the most popular operating systems for smartphones. There are also some other smartphones powered by windows phone like Nokia Lumia devices but since we don’t like to much windows phone we decided not to include in this article.
Creating website shortcut on your home screen will make the way of browsing so easy. You don’t have to navigate through bookmarks anymore to go on your favourite websites. Just create a shortcut on the home screen and you will go directly to your favourite website with only one click.
See also: Download Dark Material Music Player
Have you ever thought it might be so easy even in your smartphone to create a website shortcut to the home screen. Well, it actually is. No matter what platform you are using, creating website shortcuts is so easy. Here you will find only the tutorial for Android & iOS but if you search you can find how to add website shortcuts to windows phone home screen also. But no matter what kind of phone are you using let’s jump into the tutorial.
How to add a website shortcut on the Android home screen
- Open Chrome browser
- Navigate to your favourite website you want to create shortcut
- Wait for it to open completely
- Tap on three dots menu on the to right of your screen
- Scroll down and tap on “Add to home screen”
- It has the website name by default but you can change it.
- Tap save and that’s all.
- Go to your home screen and check the shortcut.
- Open Mozilla Firefox
- Go to your favourite site you want to make shortcut
- Tap the Menu Button
- Scroll down and tap on Page Options
- Tap “Add to home screen”
The icon will appear on your home screen as any other app shortcut. You can drag it and put anywhere on your home screen. Simply tap the icon to open the web page.
How to ad a website shortcut to iPhone, iPad and every iOS device
- Launch Safari Browser
- Navigate to the web page you want to add shortcut on the home screen
- On the browser toolbar tap on share button (the rectangle with an arrow pointing upward).
- Tap “Add to home screen icon”
- You will be prompted to enter the name for the shortcut
- Write the name and tap Add button
The web site shortcut will be added to the home screen and you can drag it everywhere including folders. When you click on the shortcut it will open your favourite web page in a new tab inside Safari browser.
Other browser like Google Chrome doesn’t offer this feature on iOS devices due to the limitations they have in Apple iOS. So if you want to create a web site shortcut in your Apple device the only chance is to use Safari browser.