Here is a simple guide which will show you how to disable Retail Mode on Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge. Retail Mode is a software designed for demo units of Android devices which are for sale. It shows all the features of the phone in a short video. This way it make it easier for the customer to learn about new features of the smartphone that he is planing to buy.
Retail Mode is also helpful for the seller because he don’t have to show all the features of the phone to the customers manually. As I previously say Retail Mode app is designed for the demo units which will show the customers all the features of the device. The software is great for stores but for normal users it can be annoying.
The phone will automatically activate Retail Mode if it is not used for a while. This is not a good thing for you as a user because the phone screen will stay always on and showing the same video many times. Normally devices with Demo Live Unit Retail Mode aren’t made for shopping. But sometimes unfortunately users get a device with Retail Mode activated.
So I wrote this guide to help you to deactivate Retail Mode on the Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge. Follow all the steps below and in a few minutes you will have a brand new Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge with Retail Mode disabled.
How To Turn Off Demo Live Unit Retail Mode On Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge
- Take the phone at your hand and go to App Drawer.
- Scroll through your apps and find Samsung Retail Mode app
Please Note: Do not confuse it with RetailMode app.
- Find and open Samsung Retail Mode app.
- Tap on Configuration Settings.
- A new window will appear. Enter the password 5444 and click OK.
- The Admin Menu will be unlocked.
- Now turn off “disable the factory data reset”.
- Enter the password M729Q16K8546 and then click OK.
- You will be prompted to Factory Reset the phone.
- This is the final step to disable Retail Mode on Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.
After the Factory Reset of the phone anything will be deleted. This mean all your personal files, data and installed apps will be deleted. Your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge will be like new. If you have any other question about this guide feel free to ask in the comment section below. If not then I would appreciate too much if you hit the Like button below.