Now that Official Android 5.0 Lollipop TouchWiz Version for Samsung Galaxy S5 is out and you if you have updated your phone, probably you might want to root it. The rooting guide you are going to find below is thanks to Chainfire. He provides us the ultimate rooting guides for most of devices that has received Android Lollipop.
Rooting is something that makes Android device immortal. Thanks to root we can insatll any custom ROM and update an Android device to the the latest Android version, no matter how old the device is. A good example is OmniROM Android 5.0 Lollipop for Galaxy S2. Even though Samsung has dropped out support for Galaxy S2 many times ago, it still can be updated to the latest Android version thanks to custom support.
Rooting is a procces that gives you full control over your Android device. The procces is little complex but not very difficult at all. You can do it even if you don’t have any experience in rooting devices. For those who want to have only a simple phone only for main reasons like calling, sending SMS, browse on internet, stock apps and moods are good, but Custom ROMs give you better performance, more features and a great battery life. Another reason why you need to root your device is that you can’t delete pre-installed apps in a non-rooted phone. Sometimes when you buy a phone it can have many pre-installed apps that can be annoying.
How To Install CWM Custom Recovery On Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900K
- Download Custom Recovery file on your PC.
- Download Odin3.exe and open it.
- Put you phone in Download Mode. Turn it of and wait for 10 seconds. Then turn it on again by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously. A warning should appear, press Volume Up to continue.
- Plug you Galaxy S5 to your PC.
- Once the Odin detects the phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. If not make sure you have USB drivers installed correctly.
- In Odin 3.09 click on AP tab and select the Recovery.tar file you downloaded.
- Click on Start and wait for the flashing procces to finish.
- Once your device restarts, remove it from PC.
- Wait for your device to reboot and the Custom Recovery is now installed.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900K
- Download SuperSU and SphinX-Root on your device.
- Boot your phone into Recovery Mode. Turn it off, wait for few seconds and turn it on again by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key. When you see the Galaxy logo blink 3 times release the Power Button.
- Once you are on Recovery, navigate to Install Zip > Choose Zip. Flash the SphinX-Root file first.
- Flash the SuperSu file next.
- After the flashing proccess is over, reboot your device.
- To verify root you can use any root checker.
If the whole process failed, flash the stock kernel using Recovery. Then reboot the device and verify root. Your devise should be rooted otherwise repeat the whole proccess.