In this article, we will walk through a guide how to install an official firmware on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. By doing so you will revert your phone back to stock. There are plenty of possibilities why you should install a stock firmware. Firstly if you have rooted your phone and installed a custom ROM, custom recovery or mods and you want to remove all them you should flash a stock firmware.
The Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are new devices on the market but developers are working hard to create custom ROMs, recoveries and mods for them. We have already seen these devices gaining root access and also the TWRP recovery is updated and not it supports the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. Installing and testing new ROMs, recoveries and mods can be fun until you install a non-stable ROM or a non-compactible recovery.
In these cases, the best thing you should to is to install an official firmware. There isn’t hard to find a stock ROM and in just a few easy steps you can install it on your device. If you are one of those people which have already rooted their phone, installed a custom recovery and tested the first custom ROMs builds but you want to get back to stock and make your phone like new, you should read below.
How to flash stock firmware on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus and revert the phone back to stock
Here at DoryLabs we do not take any responsibility if you run into troubles. Everything we write is tested before and reported as fully working but if you are not careful, problems can happen. So if you want to install a stock firmware on Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus proceed at your own risk.
- Stock Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Firmware.
- Android USB Drivers.
- Odin flash tool. Make a search on Google to download it.
How to install the firmware
- From the download section above download the right firmware for your phone. All you need to do is to search by your phone’s model number. To find it go to Settings > About Phone > Model Number.
- Be careful because there are different software for Snapdragon Exynos variant.
- Turn off the phone and boot into download mode by pressing few buttons at the same time. Press and hold at the same time Bixby + Power key + Volume down.
- Now using the original USB cable, connect your phone to computer.
- Launch Odin on your computer and make sure it recognizes the phone. Check the ID:COM box. If the phone is properly connected it should turn blue. If not you should check the USB cable and reinstall the drivers.
- Check the firmware file you downloaded. It must have a .tar.md5 extension. So if it is in a zip file, simply download it.
- Open Odin and click the AP tab. Select the firmware file with extension .tar.md5.
- Click Start and wait for it to finish.
Once it is done the phone will restart automatically and it will be back to stock. You have successfully installed a stock software on Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus.
We would be happy to hear your thoughts. Feel free to share it with us in the comments section below. Also, if you have any question do not hesitate to ask us.