In this post, we will walk through a step by step guide how to install TWRP Custom Recovery on Huawei Y6.
Every Android device has a pre-installed recovery by default or as we are used to calling it the stock recovery. It is ideal for basic operations such as wipe cache, factory reset, install OTA updates and that’s all.
A Custom Recovery, as the name says it’s a recovery created by developers and it is designed to be used for flashing files such as ROMs, Kernels, Mods and so on. Accessing the Recovery is pretty easy just pressing the proper key combination. On most of the devices, you need to press and hold Volume Up + Power Button.TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) is the most popular recovery due to the fact it has a pretty simple user interface and it’s easy to use.
TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) is the most popular recovery due to the fact it has a pretty simple user interface and it’s easy to use. Also, developers behind it update the recovery every time a new Android version hits the market.
Below you will learn where to download TWRP Recovery for Huawei Y6 and how to install it. But before cut across to the installation guide, make sure to get prepared.
Here at DoryLabs, we are not responsible for bricked device, dead SDcards, you get fired or break up with your girlfriend. If you don’t know what you’re doing than better do a research and then get back to this post to learn how to install TWRP on Huawei Y6.
- Unlock Huawei Y6 bootloader before you can follow the other steps.
- You will need a Windows PC to install TWRP on Huawei Y6.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging under Developer Options. If you don’t know how to to it check this guide.
- Charge your phone up to 60% so it will not shut down unexpectedly during the installation process.
- TWRP Recovery for Huawei Y6 | Download
How to install TWRP on Huawei
- Configure ADB and Fastboot
- Download the recovery file from the link above and move it to the same folder with ADB.
- Extract the Recovery zip file inside the ADB folder because it is needed to have all the files in the same folder.
- Rename the file to “recovery.img”
- Connect your phone to a computer using a USB cable.
- Hold the shift key and right-click on any empty space inside the ADB folder.
- A new window will open and you should choose “open a command prompt window”.
- On the command prompt window that is opened, type the following code: adb reboot booloader. The phone will boot into bootloader mode.
- Type this command line: fastboot flash recovery recovery.im
- It will flash the TWRP Recovery on Huawei Y6.
- Once it is flashed type this command: fastboot reboot
- When the phone begins to reboot use the key combination to boot into recovery.
It is recommended to boot into the recovery during the first-time boot so the stock recovery doesn’t wipe over the custom recovery you just flashed. Once you boot into TWRP recovery you can boot back to normal mode.