In this article, we are going to share some tips and tricks to improve battery life on Sony Xperia Z2. As a result, the phone battery will last longer and also the performance will be increased. We all do need a phone with a better battery lifetime but unfortunately, smartphones battery won’t last longer than a day.
Even though nowadays device comes with a great battery still it’s not enough to power the phone for 2-3 days. These devices have big screens, fastest processors and naturally, they drain the battery too fast. Basically, we all would be happy if our devices will last at least 12 hours so by the end of the day they will still be on.
Unfortunately, if you use your device a lot then you should seriously consider having a power bank or an extra battery. This might not be something you like. If so you should consider using a power saving feature and also have a look at these tips we will share below how to extend the Xperia Z2 battery.Comparing with other devices Xperia Z2 is relatively such a great device when it comes to battery life. Despite the fact that the battery is somehow better that more of the same range smartphones, still there is something you can do to improve Xperia Z2 battery life and increase the performance. All you have to do are some small tweak to
Comparing with other devices Xperia Z2 is relatively such a great device when it comes to battery life. Despite the fact that the battery is somehow better that more of the same range smartphones, still there is something you can do to improve Xperia Z2 battery life and increase the performance. All you have to do are some small tweak to phone system and prevent some apps that drain the battery pretty fast.
Here’s how to extend Xperia Z2 battery life
The best thing to improve somewhat the battery performance is to turn on the power saving feature and create a list with some applications you want to run in standby.
There is an option on Xperia devices named “Stamina Mode”. To activate it go to Settings > Power Management and turn it on. Once you do it do not forget to create a list with applications you want to run when the power saving feature is turned on. A great thing about Stamina Mode is that you can receive notifications and messages from the apps you added on the list. If you do not add any app to be active on standby then you will not receive any notification unless you turn on the screen.
- Turn On Extended Stand By. Go to settings > Power Management > Stamina Mode, and then tick Extended Standby.
- Turn On Low Battery Mode. Go to Settings > Power Management, and turn on low battery mode. Select Low Battery Mode.
- Turn On Extended Usage. Go to Settings > Power Management > Stamina Mode, and then tick Extended Usage. In case that you are experiencing lag turn of the feature again. This feature has a big impact on battery life, so if you want your battery to last longer, definitely you need to turn on this option.
- Turn On Queue Background Data. Go to Settings > Power management, and tick Queue background data. It send out background data at intervals instead of sending randomly and use more battery.
- Turn On Location Based WiFi. It turns on WiFi when you are in certain locations such as the office or home. When you leave these locations it turns WiFi off.
- Freeze Bloat. Bloatware are apps that could be useful but are not necessary for the phone. The more bloat that runs the more ram they utilize so they need more battery life.
Below is a list of apps that are “Safe to Freeze”. To disable these apps go to Settings > Apps and there tap the All tab, select an app and then tap disable.
Safe To Freeze Apps
- Black Hole
- Google Search
- Account Manager
- Google Play Newsstand
- Google +
- Movie Creator
- Photo Analyser Service
- Google Lyrics
- News and Weather
- Play Games
- SensMe slideshow
- Social Live
- Smart Connect, it is needed for Sony accessories
- Sony Select
- Weather Widget
- Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Wikipedia extension
- Calendar Sync
- Xperia Music Likes
- Xperia with Facebook
- Youtube extension
- Youtube Karaoke extension
- Xperia Lounge
Basically, these are the tips we wanted to share with you that will improve the Xperia Z2 battery life. If you want to share something, feel free to write in the comment section below. It would be great to hear your thoughts.