Since when Android Lollipop was announced, we have seen lot of updates released for many devices. Those updates consist on Custom ROMs like AOSP, Android Now HD, OmniROM and in the top is CyanogenMod 12, which is probably the best Custom ROM you can find for your smartphone. Custom ROMs were the first steps to update your smartphones on Android 5.0 Lollipop.
After Custom ROMs we saw some devices receiving official update and some others received factory images. Mostly of devices were updated through Custom ROMs, but we are not going to talk about that. The main point is that all updates are Android 5.0 Lollipop. But something unpredictable happens few hours ago. HTC One M7 & M8 received an Android 5.01 Lollipop OTA Update.
There was something strange about this because we have expected to see the update firstly for Nexus 6 or Nexus 9 but it was seen on HTC One M7 & M8 Google Play Edition. Android 5.0.1 is a small update which seem to fix some bugs and increase the performance of the phone. The update is only 511 MB and doesn’t feature the HTC Sense like the other firmware do. It will only increase your phone’s performance and fix some little bugs that sometime can be annoying. If you want to install Android 5.0.1 OTA Update on your HTC One M7 or M8 go ahead and follow the step by step guide below.
This method consists in flashing a Custom Room so you need to have a rooted device and a Custom Recovery installed on it.
- This ROM is only for HTC one M7 and M8 so don’t try to flash it in any other device because it will result in phone bricking.
- Backup everything just to be safe. This method is tested but who knows, something may go wrong during the flashing procces. In case something happen you still can access your data.
- Battery should be charged at least 70% so your phone will not go dead during the flashing procces. If it goes dead you will end up soft bricking your phone. Then you have to installation stock firmware and wipe the data as well.
Note: I am not responsible for anything can happen to your phone. You decided to mess up by your own so it’s only your responsibility if something goes wrong. If you don’t want to end up bricking your phone make sure to follow carefully the steps below.
How To Install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop OTA Update On HTC One M7 & M8
- Firstly make sure your device is running on stock.
- Configure Fastboot on your device.
- Connect your phone to PC through an USB cable. Download the files from the download section below and copy them to root folder of your SDcard.
- Now in Fastboot folder open Command Prompt and type: adb reboot recovery.
- Once you are in Recovery choose Apply Update From Internal Storage.
- Navigate to ‘0’ and choose the zip file you downloaded.
- Confirm it and wait until it’s finish.
- Once it finished reboot the phone. Then go to Settings > About if you want to verify Android Version.
HTC One M7 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop OTA Update : Link