Here is a quick guide how to root Google Nexus 5. If you have ever rooted an Android device before probably you have heard about Chainfire and SuperSU. Chainfire is the creator of a fantastic tool to easy root Android device. The tool is called CF-Auto-Root and it is a one-click root tool for Android devices. It means you can root your Nexus 5 without the need of a computer.
With the release of Android Lollipop, Google made a lot of changes to the Android structure so the apps that were working on the previous Android versions won’t work on Android Lollipop. It was needed to update the apps. The same happened with CF-Auto-Root. Its developer updated it so the newer version you’re going to find here supports also Nexus 5 on Android Lollipop.
If you want to quickly root your Nexus 5 then don’t wait anymore but read below and make sure to read everything carefully. You don’t wanna end up with a bricked device instead of a phone with root access where you can install custom ROMs, mods and enjoy new features.
The good thing is that you can root your Google Nexus 5 with only a single click, eliminating the danger of going through complex steps to gain root access. Who will have imagined that rooting a device will be so easy? If only you can root all devices with one-click. So if you have taken your decision and you want to root your Nexus 5 device, let’s go with the procedure.
- This guide is only for Nexus 5 device, don’t try it on other devices because it may result in bricking your phone.
- Make sure your battery is more than 60%, so your phone won’t go dead during the procedure.
- Save your important files somewhere else such as on your computer just in case.
- Nexus 5 One-Click Root Tool – Download
How To Root Nexus 5 Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Your phone must have Developer Options unlocked. To unlock go to Settings > About Phone > Build Number. Click 5 times on it and a message “You are now a developer” will appear. You will see Developer Options unlocked.
- Under Developer Options find and tick OEM Unlock.
- Reboot your device in Bootloader Mode.
- Connect your phone to PC through a USB cable.
- Launch the script based on your computer operating system like Windows, Linux. For Windows choose root-windowroot-windows.batbat
- Follow on-on-screen instruction.
- Wait for the process to finish.
That’s all. Your Nexus 5 Android Lollipop is now rooted.