If you ever have rooted and Android device before,you may have heard about Chainfire. It is the creator of the famous one-click root tool, CF-Auto Root. It is an awesome tool when it comes to root Android easily and safe without needing a PC and lots of file. Chainfire always has impressed us when it comes to rooting methods.
Even now when Android Lollipop is being released for many devices, Chainfire strikes again. He is out there working to bring root methods for those devices which are updating to Android 5.0 Lollipop. Nexus 5 was the first device that received Android 5.0 Lollipop, but it is the last to receive root access.
Thanks to Chainfire now all you can root your Nexus 5 device running Stock Android 5.0 Lollipop. This time he developed another tool because CF-Auto Root doesn’t help because of the 64 bit binaries of Android 5.0 Lollipop. You can use this tool until CF-Auto Root and SuperSU will be updated for Lollipop. Chainfire doesn’t create only a simple tools. He managed to develop one tool for each device running Lollipop.
The good thing is that you can root your Lollipop device with only a single click, eliminating the danger of going through complex steps to root your device. Who will have imagined that rooting Lollipop will be so easy. If only you can root all devices with one-click. So if you have taken your decision and you want to root your Nexus device running Lollipop, let’s go with the procedure.
- This guide is only for Nexus 5 device, don’t try it in other device because it may result in bricking your phone.
- Make sure your battery is more than 60%, so your phone won’t go dead during the procedure.
Download one click rooting tool, (link)
How To Root Nexus 5 Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Your phone mUST have developer options unlocked. To unlock go to Settings > About Phone > find Build Number. Click 5 times on it and a message “You are now a developer” will appear. You will se Developer Options unlocked.
- Under Developer Options find and tick OEM Unlock.
- Reboot your device in Bootloader Mode.
- Connect your phone to PC though a USB cable.
- Launch the script based on your computer operating system like Windows, Linux. For Windows choose root-windowroot-windows.batbat
- Follow on-on-screen instruction.
- Wait for the process to finish.
That’s all. Your Nexus 5 Android Lollipop is now rooted.