Android 5.1 Lollipop has hit lot of devices. This time is Sony Xperia Z which received the new port of Omni ROM 5.1. There are lot of other devices that already received ports of Android 5.1 Lollipop but only through Custom ROMs like CyanogenMod 12.1 and Omni ROM 5.1. And today a new port of Omni ROM 5.1 is available to install on Sony Xperia Z.
Those days you don’t need to wait from you manufacture to release an update fo your phone to enjoy the latest feature. Developers will do that for you through Custom ROMs that sometimes can be better than stock firmware because they are optimized for better performance and free of bloat.
Thanks to a Recognized Developer at the XDA named as “Oliver” many Xperia Z users can now enjoy Android 5.1 Lollipop through the Omni ROM port the developer made. This ROM is still in the early stage but no major bugs are found. The only issue is that you can’t play videos with video player. Expect that no other problem is found. If you want to try the features of Android 5.1 Lollipop go ahead and install Omni ROM 5.1.
Note: Here at DoryLabs no one will held any responsibility if you brick your device. We only provide the guide and where to download the neccesary files but only you can decide whether go further or not. So if you want to go and install Omni ROM 5.1 Android 5.1 Lollipop on Sony Xperia Z do it at your own risk.
- Your phone must be rooted.
- Install a Custom Recovery like CWM and TWRP. Every Android device has a Custom Recovery installed by default but it doesn’t allow you to flash files.
- The Omni ROM you are going to find below is only for Sony Xperia Z. Do not flash it on any other device because you will brick it.
- Just to be safe perform a backup. Even if anything goes wrong you still can access your data and restore them immediately. I recommend to perform a Nandroid backup because it will create a full copy of your system image including data and options.
- Make sure your battery is charged up to 70% so your phone will not go dead during the installation process. If it shuts down during the flashing process your phone might get bricked.
Install Android 5.1 Lollipop On Sony Xperia Z With Omni ROM
- Download Omni ROM and Gapps on your phone internal memory.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache.
- Flash the ROM.
- Flash Gapps.
- Reboot and Enjoy!
The first boot may take a while but there is nothing to worry. Sit back and relax. Once the phone is turned on it will be running Omni ROM Android 5.1 Lollipop.