Are you looking for a step by step guide how to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Sony Xperia Z3 Compact? I was doing the same thing before few days. Then I managed to find something that helped me to update Xperia Z3 Compact to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
In today’s article we are going to learn how to get the latest updates on Xperia Z3 Compact. We managed to find the proper files and bring them into one post so it will be so easy for you to get Android Marshmallow on your device.
Installing Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Xperia Z3 Compact following our guide, is easy and it consists having the latest Sony Concept firmware and not installing a Custom ROM. So if you are a fan of Sony’s version of Android this is the best way to enjoy Marshmallow. You may find a Custom ROM around but none of them is based on Sony’s Concept firmware.
We are not possible for any damage that may happen to your phone. Even though this method and files are tested before, still things can go wrong. Make sure to follow all the steps carefully and always create a backup of your current ROM just in case you want to revert back. This guide is tested on stock Android 5.1.1 but it should work on other ROMs and versions as well
- Your phone must be rooted. Root Guide is draft
- Just to be safe make a backup. You can do a Nandroid backup on Recovery or use any third-party app.
- Install the proper USB Drivers on your computer.
- Charge your phone up to 70% so it won’t shut down unexpectedly during the process.
- Download TA Backup Tools and unzip the folder.
- Connect your phone to computer and then run backup-ta.bat and follow the instruction.
- Download and install Flashtool.
- Go to C:\Flashtool\drivers” and install flashmode and fastboot drivers. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or 10 then you need to disable driver signature verification.
- Download ROM tft file from this link and put it to “C:\Users\username\.flashTool\firmwares.
- Open flashtool and click on Flash device->Flashmode.
- The tft should appear on the list. Select Wipe APPS_LOG and USERDATA and then click flash and follow the instructions. If it asks for a script simply click NO.
- Wait for the process to finish and then boot your phone normally and go to Settings > About Device > Software Update.
- An update should be available so go for it. Your phone will reboot and then it will install the update. Repeat this step until there is no update available.
That’s all! You have successfully installed the latest Sony Concept Android 6.0 Marshmallow Firmware.