Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge come with Android 6.0 out of box but recently Samsung has started rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat for its flagship devices. Just a couple of days before Samsung released Nougat firmware for Beta testers. You must sing up for its Beta program if you want to get Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware.
Developers took advantage of the beta program and get the Nougat firmware. Then they extracted the firmware so anybody can install Android Nougat on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge using Odin flash tool. If you haven’t heard before Odin is a flash tool used to install official firmware on Samsung devices.
Android 7.o Nougat comes with lot of optimizations over the old version. This means new feature, better security and faster performance. The user interface is also changed. Read below to learn how to install Touchwiz Nougat Firmware on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
We shall not held any kind of responsibility for troubles you may experience with your device. If you don’t know what you’re doing better do some searches before and then come back again to get the Touchwiz Nougat Firmware for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. Remember: you are doing this at your own risk so only you will be responsible if anything goes wrong. The firmwares you are going to find below are tested and they work perfect.
- Device: Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge – SM-G930F/FD & SM-G935F/FD
- Version: Android 7.0 Nougat
- PDA :- G930FXXU1ZPK4 / G935FXXU1ZPK4
- Modem :- G930FXXU1ZPK4 / G935FXXU1ZPK4
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. Go to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging. If you can’t find Developer Options you need to enable them. Navigate to Settings > About Phone > Build Number. Tap 7 times on it and it will enable Developer Otions.
- Charge your phone up to 60% so it won’t shut down unexpectedly during the process.
- Save somewhere else your important files such as photos, videos, documents, contacts etc. You don’t want to lose them.
- Galaxy S7 Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware – Click here
- Galaxy S7 Edge Nougat Firmware – Click here
- Odin flash tool – Click here
- USB Drivers or Samsung Kies – Click here
How to install Nougat 7.0 Firmware on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge with Odin
- Download ODIN flash tool. You need to extract it because it’s a zip file.
- Install the proper USB driver on your computer.
- Download and extract the right firmware.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot it into Download Mode. Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power Button.
- Run Odin.exe
- Connect your phone to PC through on original USB cable.
- Odin will automatically recognise your phone, but check it to make sure it has recognised it.
- Make sure ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F.Reset Time’ are checked.
- Click on the PDA or AP tab depending on the version of ODIN you’re using and select the firmware.
- Click Start and wait for the process.
Odin will install Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge. After the installation process reboot your device and wait. The first boot may take longer than usually, sometimes up to 7-10 minutes. Just wait for your phone to turn on and enjoy it.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask in the comment section below. We would be happy to assist you in every issue you may have with your phone.
Did you found this post useful? Would appreciate if you share it with your friends on Social Media.