Samsung had been constantly testing the latest Android version through a list of Beta builds before it finally rolled out the OTA update OTA. Below are the simple steps to download and install Android Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+.
About the update:
At present, the OTA is being available to users in India, France, Poland, and Germany. There is still no confirmed news on when the rollout for Snapdragon users in the U.S will take place. The new firmware is labelled as build number G950FXXU1CRAP for the S8 and G955FXXU1CRAP for the S8+ which is based on the latest Samsung Experience 9.0 interface.
It includes all the basic Oreo features like Picture-in-Picture mode, Notification Channels, Faster boot time, Autofill Framework, Notification Snooze and much more. Apart from that, there are a handful of several OEM-specific features like:
- Customizable keyboard toolbar
- Simplified settings
- Better search function
- Permission monitoring for background apps.
- Enhanced app shortcuts
- Color Lens
- Dual messenger
- New clock styles for Always on Display.
Table of Contents
Before updating make sure:
Download Galaxy S8/S8+ Android Oreo Update
Step by step guide to Install Android Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+:
The first part tells us how to flash the AQL5 firmware on our device. After that, you can sideload the OTA to install Android Oreo on your device.
1. Flash AQL5 Stock Firmware
- Turn off d the vice and simultaneously press the Bixby + Volume Down + Power button to boot device into Download Mode.
- After that connect the device to PC and download Odin Flash Tool. Extract the zip files on your PC and double click the executable file to launch Odin.
- You can see the ID: COM port lighting up in the Odin window which shows device was detected successfully.
- Download the AQL5 firmware for your device and region from the above links and extract it.
- Hit the BL button and select the AQL5 firmware file starting with “BL_”. Repeat exactly for AP, CP and CSC. Once the files have been selected in the corresponding slots, hit the “Start” button.
- When you see “PASS”, follow the next step to install Android Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+.
2. Sideload Android Oreo OTA using Stock Recovery:
- Download the OTA zip file(s) for your device.
- Copy the files to C:\adb on your PC. This is where the ADB and Fastboot binaries are present.
- Next hold the SHIFT key on the keyboard and right-click on an empty space inside this particular folder.
- Click on “Open PowerShell window here” and switch off your device.
- Now hold down the Bixby + Volume Up + Power button until you see an Android bot appear on the screen.
- Hold down Power button and tap the Volume Up key once to enter stock recovery.
- Use the Volume keys to highlight “Apply update from ADB” and select it using the Power button.
- After connecting your device to PC, execute the following command :
adb sideload update.zip
- Select option “Reboot system now”.
Now you are all set to enjoy browsing with your new update. Stand a mile ahead of others with an improved look and feel of your smartphone.