Install a Custom Recovery on your Sony Xperia Z3 and open a gate on the road of customisation. All Android devices have by default a Recovery installed but it allows you to perform only basic action like wipe cache partition, and wipe data/factory reset.
A Custom Recovery as the name says its a Recovery optimized with more action. A Custom Recovery is needed in order to flash different zip files like Custom ROMs, Kernels and mods. By installing a Custom Recovery you are one step away from changing phone systems.
The most popular Custom Recoveries are CWM and TWRP. There are different ways to install a Custom Recovery but all of them require a device with unlocked bootloader that sometimes the guide to unlock it can be very nasty. There are to many steps you have to take in order to unlock bootloader on Sony Xperia Z3.
Thanks to the developers and the nature of Android now you can install a Custom Recovery on your Sony Xperia Z3 without being worried if the bootloader is locked. To do that is so easy, just watch below and follow the steps.
- Any File Explore with root rights. A best one is ES File Explorer. You can download it from Play Store just search by name.
- Xperia Z3 Dualrecovery. Download from here.
How to install a Recovery on Xperia Z3 with locked boot loader
- Download any File Explorer with root rights and mount system/rw
- Download Z3 Dual recovery and extract somewhere on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and run install.bat
- Choose option 1 and follow the on screen instructions.
- You phone will test reboot to TWRP.
- Restart and enjoy!
- Now you will have a new application NDR Utils which can easily boot your device into Recovery.