CyanogenMod 12.1 has landed on HTC One M7. A build of the ROM is already released and you can install it right away on your phone. HTC One M7 even though a two years old device has also a huge number of users. When HTC One M7 was released, it was the first device with a premium body made by aluminium. That’s why a lot of user are having a HTC One M7.
Developers are also supporting the two years old decent device of the HTC. Two other devices are already released but the HTC One M7 is already enjoying the latest updates. HTC may not release an official update for the phone, but this doesn’t meant it will not be in touch with the latest features.
Already updated to Android 5.0, HTC M7 now can enjoy the Lollipop 5.1. Being a Custom ROM CyanogenMod 12.1 is optimized for better performance and contains many bug fixes. But is not an official release so it may contain few bugs related to the function of the ROM. Until now nothing serious is found so I recommend to give it a try.
Note: I shall not held any responsible if you end up in bricking the device or any other issues you may experience during and after the installation of CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM on HTC One M8. Here at DoryLabs we only provide the guide but only can decide to go further or not. So if you want to install Android 5.1 Lollipop on HTC One M7 proceed at your own risk.
- Your phone must be rooted. If you haven’t rooted your phone yet make sure to root it before continuing to the installation of Android 5.1 on HTC One M7.
- A Custom Recovery like TWRP and CWM must be installed. It is needed to flash the zip files. If you haven’t installed yet, find one and then proceed with the flashing process of CyanogenMod 12.1 on HTC One M7.
- CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM you are going to find here is only for the international variant of the HTC One M8. do not try to flash it on any other device because you may end in bricking the phone.
- Always make a backup before installing Custom ROMs and Mods on your Android device. Even if something goes wrong you still can access your data. I recommend doing a Nandroid backup. It will create a full copy of your system image.
- Ensure that your phone is charged up to 60% so it will not turn of during the installation of CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop 5.1 on HTC One M7.
Update HTC One M7 To Android 5.1 Lollipop With CyanogenMod 12.1
- Before continue with the installation of the ROM make sure you have read and meet all the requirements above.
- Press the power button to turn of the phone.
- Wait for a few seconds and then boot your HTC One M7 into Recovery.
- Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache to prevent any bootloop.
- Flash the ROM zip file.
- Flash Gapps.
- Reboot and Enjoy !
The first boot may take more time than usually. Just give it the necessary time to boot. Lollipop 5.1 is a big update and the phone need some time to configure the files. If you have any other question regarding the ROM and the installation process feel free to ask in the comment section below. If not then I would appreciate too much if you hit the Like button below. It will make me happy.