A new device has joined the CyanogenMod family. This time Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini has received a official port of CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0.2. Yeah you heard it right. It’s a ROM based on Android 5.0.2 and contains all the features and optimizations of it.
In Android 5.0 Lollipop we saw lots of bugs being reported. There were not big problems but for those who want perfect ROM, these bugs were a concern. Once Google heard about these small bugs, it decided to fix them through small updates. Almost all the devices has received a 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 update which will fix those bugs.
Not only the stock firmware are updated, but also the developers have also updated their Custom ROMs. The CyanogenMod team has already updated its ROM and it is more faster and stable now. The latest version is CyanogenMod 12 5.0.2 Lollipop and now it is available for Galaxy S5 Mini. You can install it right away by following the guide below.
Please Note: This will void your warranty and you can’t do anything. We at DoryLabs are not responsible for any damage, bricked devices or dead SDcards. We only provide the guide and if you want to perform it, so at your own risk.
- The CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop ROM you are going to find below is only for Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini G800H Qcom variant. Don’t flash it on other phone because it will result in bricked device.
- Make sure your phone is charged more than 60% so it will not shut down unexpectedly during the flashing process. If it goes dead will result in soft bricking.
- Your Galaxy S5 Mini must be rooted and you should install a Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP. We strongly recommend to use TWRP.
- Always do a backup of your device before performing this guide. It is suggested to do Nandroid Backup because it will make a full copy of your device including not only personal files but also all apps and game settings.
How to install CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop On Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
- Download the files from above links and put them on the root folder of your SDcard
- Turn of your device
- Boot into recovery. Press Volume Up + Home + Power Button
- Wipe Data & Factory Reset
- Install CM12 ROM
- Install Gapps
- Reboot and Enjoy!
The first boot may last more than usually. Sometimes it can take up to 10 minutes so just wait. Once the phone is turned on it will be running CyanogenMod 12 ROM Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.