Download and install CyanogenMod 12 based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Xiaomi Redmi 1S. It is a good device with either hardware or software improvements. Otherwise from other devices which the same specs, Xiaomi Redmi 1S has an offordable price. So that’s the main reason why Xiaomi is becoming on of the manufacture with most selled devices. Its sales has overcome some of the famous and biggest companies in the smartphone world.
The only thing that I don’t like Xiaomi devices is that they don’t have much custom support. Sometimes for a Xiaomi device user can be hard even to find a root guide for its device. When it comes to mods or custom ROMs, it’s impossible to find anything about a Xiaomi device. However developers are here and they never tired creating mods, porting apps and ROMs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S is is the first device to receive a port of CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop ROM. If you have heard about lollipop and you are owner of a Xiaomi Redmi 1S than go ahead and follow the steps below to install properly CyanogenMod 12 on your device.
Note: Please follow the guide carefully. If anything goes wrong don’t put the finger on me. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SDcards or any other problem you may face during and after the installation process. We only provide the guide but only you decide to go further. So if you want to do, do it at your own risk.
- The CyanogenMod 12 ROM you are going to find here is only for Xiaomi Redmi 1S. Don’t try installing it on any other device because it might end in bricked device.
- Make sure to charge your phone at least to 60% so it will not turn of during the flashing process.
- Always make a backup before performing such actions. Even if something goes wrong, you still can access your data and restore them immediately.
- Your device must be rooted.
- A Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM should be installed. It’s recommended to use latest TWRP Recovery.
Install CyanogeMod 12 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop On Xiaomi Redmi 1S
- Download both the ROM and the Gapps and put on the root folder of your internal memory.
- Turn of your Xiaomi Redmi 1S.
- Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache.
- Flash the ROM.
- Flash the Gapps.
The first boot may last more than usually. Give it the needed time to boot successfully and do not forget to enjoy. If this was helpful for you click the Like box below. It doesn’t cost you anything otherwise it will make me happy.