Samsung is well-known as a brand among people worldwide for its countless inventions in the electronics sector. Today many people around the world use this brand’s laptops smartphones and many more gadgets. In Korean, the word Samsung means “three stars.” The name was chosen by Samsung founder Lee Byung Chull whose vision was for his company to become powerful and everlasting like stars in the sky. And no doubt, today Samsung is one of world’s leading brands with its name rising high as the demand for its products.
Samsung Android Oreo Update for Exynos Galaxy S7 Edge model:
There has been some news that some user in the S7/S7 Edge Telegram group posted two images of an S7 Edge (G935F) running Android 8.0 Oreo. Allegedly, the said user received the update accidentally. Well, there is no surety whether the screenshots are authentic or not. But even if they aren’t, you still have the chance to install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge using the Samsung Experience 9.0 ROM.
XDA senior member ProtoDeVNan0 has come up with Samsung Experience 9.0 ROM based on Android Oreo. He was able to quickly put together a ROM that can be flashed on any Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Exynos). This ROM is based on the leaked firmware, and it brings Android 8.0 Oreo with Samsung Experience 9.0 to the Galaxy S7 Edge. The developer was able to compile the ROM because of the added contribution of another member – Kill-switch, who recently provided the full system and kernel dump of the S7 Edge firmware. The ROM can only be flashed on the G935F model of the S7 Edge (Exynos).
Table of Contents
More about the Samsung Experience 9.0 ROM for Galaxy S7 Edge
It supports January 2018 security patch, which proves that Samsung has been testing the update internally. The ROM has been debloated which means that the apps or bloats that had been put in the phone by the manufacturer have been removed and the S-Health app issues have been fixed.
The primary focus is to keep the ROM as close to stock as possible. While all modifications work flawlessly, a few users reported that Samsung Gear was not functional. But the bug was soon fixed by another developer from the team. All you have to do is, grab the latest Gear S Plug-in APK and install it on your device.
Steps to be considered before downloading the Oreo update:
- Your device must have TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) recovery installed. Take a backup of your personal data.
- Charge your device to at least 50-60% battery level to avoid any disruptions during the process.
- Download and Install Samsung USB driver on your PC.
- Your device must be on the latest stock build based on Android Nougat.
Download Samsung Experience 9.0 ROM
ROM: S7 Edge Oreo by Jay 1.1.zip
DM-verity disabler: no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip
How to Install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge (G935F):
- Turn off your S7 Edge and boot it into TWRP recovery.
- Hold down Volume Up + Home + Power button simultaneously until you see the Samsung logo.
- Then release the Power button and keep holding the rest of the keys to enter TWRP.
- In TWRP, go to “Wipe” – “Format Data” and type in “Yes” in the field.
- This will wipe off your device completely, including the internal storage as well.
- Download the Samsung Experience 9.0 ROM and dm-verity disabler zip files from above.
- Connect your S7 Edge to the PC using the USB cable.
- Navigate to “Mount” menu and tap on the “Enable MTP” option.
- Next, transfer the downloaded files to the phone’s storage or SD card.
- Disconnect the device and click “Install”.
- Navigate to the internal storage and select the ROM zip file.
- Finally, swipe the button on the screen to install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Next, flash the dm-verity disabler as well.
- When the flashing process is complete, hit “Reboot System”.
You have just been able to install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge. Those who have already installed the ROM have managed to run into some issues. These are some solutions to common issues faced often after downloading the update:
- No sound when playing music? – Turn off Wi-Fi and it should work. Or use another music player from the Play Store.
- Samsung Gear not working? – Install latest Gear S plug-in APK on your S7 Edge.
- Stuck in a boot loop? – Make sure your S7 Edge is running the latest bootloader and modem.
- Facing weird issues? – Don’t enable any settings in Developer options.
So you have just been able to install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge using Samsung Experience 9.0 ROM. Wishing you a happy browsing!!