Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are the best-looking phones that have been released in 2017. Their bezel-less and sharp display attract the users right away. After the Samsung Galaxy S7 issue, developers took a lot of care while developing Samsung Galaxy S8. But for one reason or other many users root their device.
This rooting gives them access to some new features and more customization options. But what if the user doesn’t like the device after rooting? what if users are facing some issues because of the rooting of the device?
The lifesaver of such situations is unrooting. The installing of stock firmware in Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus can be done by ODIN or smart switch.
Let’s see the step by step installation of stock firmware using ODIN as well as the smart switch.
Installation of Stock Firmware using Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
ODIN is the most common software used to which is used to install stock firmware for Samsung devices. Here is the list of the files that have to be downloaded before getting into the procedure.
- Samsung Drivers Download for Windows
- ODIN Download for Windows
- Sammobiles –Here enter the model number of the device and search for the suitable firmware.
- Install the USB drivers from the first link provided above on your PC.
- Download ODIN Flash Tool.
- Turn off Samsung S8 or S8 Plus, make sure that all the data present on your device is backed up.
- Keep your device in download mode.
- Press and hold the volume down and the Bixby button on your device, now press the power button.
- Release the buttons when you see the warning prompt on the screen, immediately press the volume up button.
- Open ODIN on your PC.
- Connect the device to PC with the help of an original USB cable.
- Once the device and PC are connected the ID:COM on ODIN will change its color to blue. If it didn’t change the color, the PC may not have recognized your device.
- Once check the installed drivers on your PC.
- Now find the .tar or .md5 file that you have installed before and add them to AP/PDA on ODIN tab.
- Now tap on start button the firmware starts flashing.
- It will take 10 to 15 minutes to flash the stock firmware.
- The phone will reboot and the official stock firmware can be seen on the device.
Install Stock Firmware using SmartSwitch
This is new software that helps in installing stock firmware on latest devices of Samsung such as Note 8, Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
- Install the Smart switch from above link on your PC. It works on both Windows and MAC
- Open it and connect your PC to the device using the original USB cable.
- Once the smart switch recognizes the device, an option to install the stock firmware using emergency software recovery and installation will be visible on the phone.
- Select software update and installation.
- The latest firmware supported for your Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus will be found by the Smart switch and installs it on your device.
- All you have to do is to follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Once the installation is completed, the phone will reboot itself.
- The stock firmware has been updated on your device.
- Do not forget to backup the data present on your phone as you will lose all the data in this process. This backup process can be done using smart switch on your PC.
These are two methods to bring back the lost stock firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.