Are you getting exited about HTC One M9? What if we say you can make your old HTC One M8 looks like the beast HTC One M9. For a long time M8 has been a strong competitor among other flagship devices, but the HTC One M9 looks like to hit the store shelves this year. This not only due to the fact it has better specs than the previous successor but also because it brings a new user interface with many features.
Since in the announcement of HTC One M9, M8 users have requested from Recognised Developers of HTC to create a ROM which will bring the experience of M9 sense 7.0 to HTC One M8. So the SkyDragon team who have created and ported many other ROMs to old HTC devices, even this team have something special to share with M8 users. One of the developer named as Dragonesdenano released an update of the SkyDragon ROM for HTC One M8.
The new ROM is based on HTC One M9 sense 7.0 Lollipop. So all M8 users can experience the features of Lollipop sense 7.0 presented on M9. The latest SkyDragon ROM besides the latest Lollipop user interface brings also all the new elements and featured apps presented on M9 sense 7.0.
These includes all the themes and icon pack so your HTC One M8 will be transformed into a M9 with a few steps. Other elements of sense 7.0 includes a fourth menu system menu button, new camera UI, smart widgets for home, work, away, Peel Smart Remote, Touchpal keyboard and many other useful additions.
The developer says also that the ROM is optimised for better performance with latest tweaks of the Sky Dragon team. It is free of HTC bloatware, custom kernel, latest version of titanium backup and the support for writing external SDcard. The ROM is available for almost all the HTC One M8 versions like T-Mobile, Verizon, Dev edition, Asia, India, 3G UK, Bell and Rogers. so if you want to have all the features and optimizations that HTC One M9 sense 7.0 brings than go ahead and install the latest SkyDragon ROM on HTC One M8
How to install SkyDragon ROM sense 7.0 on HTC One M8
- This ROM is only for HTC One M8. Don’t install it on any other device because it will result in bricked device.
- Make sure your phone is charged up to 70% so it will not shut down unexpectedly during the installation procedure.
- Make a full backup of your phone so in case everything goes wrong you still can access your personal data and files. We recommend to do a nandroid backup because it will make a full copy of your phone files and settings also.
- Install the right ADB and USB drivers on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone.
- Your HTC One M8 must be rooted.
- Custom Recovery installed.
How to Install HTC One M9 Sense 7.0 Lollipop ROM on M8
- Download the ROM file from above link and put it somewhere on your phone where you can easily find it.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into Recovery. Press Volume Down and Power Button at the same time. When the HTC logo appears release the Home Button but keep pressing the Volume Down. It will put HTC in bootloader Mode.
- Use the Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select. Navigate to “Recovery” and select it.
- Your phone will boot into Recovery.
- Full Wipe and Factory Reset of your phone.
- Flash the ROM.
- Reboot and enjoy!
The firs boot may take more time than usually. Wait for it and one your HTC One M8 is on, it will be running sense 7.0 lollipop ROM.