If you want to enjoy Android 5.1 Lollipop on your LG G3 then you have to install CyanogenMod 12.1. It the latest version of the ROM and brings all the optimizations and features of stock Android 5.1. Being a Custom ROM it is also optimised for better performance and to run without any lag.
The CyanogenMod 12.1 now is available for LG G3 and in a few steps you can install it right away. LG G3 is already enjoying Lollipop through the official firmware. LG decided to update it’s flagship devices to Android 5.0 and LG G3 D855 was one of those devices. In Android 5.0 are found some bugs that were fixed on Android 5.1.
Until now there is no words for a Lollipop 5.1 update for LG G3 D855. So if you want to install Android 5.1 on LG G3 you have to do it using CyanogenMod 12.1. The ROM is not released officially by the CyanogemMod team so it might contains few bugs.
Until now is reported only issues with WiFi and Data Connection but the developer named as “LastStandingDroid” at the XDA forum says that he will update the CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM for LG G3 to a version with less bugs and stable. So for now there is only the early build of CyanogenMod 12.1. If you want to test Android 5.1 on LG G3 you have to install this build.
Note: I shall not held responsible for any damage caused to your phone during and after flashing the ROM. Here at DoryLabs we only provide the guide but only you can decide to go further and install CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop 5.1 on LG G3 D855.
Getting Things Ready
- The CyanogenMod 12.1 Custom ROM you are going to find here will work only on LG G3 D855. Don’t flash it on other phones because it will result in bricking the device. Go to Settings > About Phone and check your device Model Number.
- Always make a backup before installing a Custom ROM. In case something goes wrong you still can access your data and restore them in immediately. I reccomend you to do a Nanadroid backup because it will make a full copy of your system and files.
- Make sure your LG G3 is charged more than 60%. If not then charge it so your phone will not turn off during the installation process.
- Root access. Ensure that your LG G3 is rooted and then proceed at the installation of CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM.
- install a Custom Recovery. It will be needed to flash the ROM file. Every Android device has a recovery installed by default but it doesn’t allow you to perform many actions.
How To Install Android 5.1 Lollipop On LG G3 With CyanogenMod 5.1
- Download both ROM and Gapps and move somewhere on your internal memory.
- Turn off the phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Wipe Data and Factory Reset.
- Install the ROM zip file.
- Install Lollipop 5.1 Gapps.
The first boot may take a while but it is nothing to worry. Since Android 5.1 is a big update, the system need some time to configure the files. Once the phone boots up, your LG G3 will be running Android 5.1 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM.