Download and install CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on HTC Desire C and enjoy the features of a Lollipop CyanogenMod Custom ROM. The CyanogenMod developers have updated the ROM recently with the latest features and optimisations.
Unfortunately for the HTC Desire C the CyanogenMod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2 is in the alpha stage so it might contains any bugs or errors. Until now we haven’t found any serious problem with the ROM, only a few options are reporter as not working. All the others are reported to work perfectly. So if you want to try Lollipop on your HTC Desire C, then you might want to install CM 12 Lollipop ROM.
NOTE: Here at DoryLabs no one is responsible for bricked devices, dead SDcards or any other problem. We only provide the guide but only you can decide to perform further actions. So do it at your own risk and don’t put the finger on me if anything goes wrong.
- The CyanogenMod Custom ROM you are going to found here is only for HTC Desire C. Don’t flash it on other phones because it will result in bricking your phone.
- Always do a backup before performing actions like this. This guide is tested by developers and many people have reported the ROM as fully working, but who knows something can goes wrong during the installation so be sure to make a backup. We suggest to do a Nandroid backup because it will make a full copy of your system image.
- Charge your phone at least to 60% so it will not shut down unexpectedly during the installation procedure. It will result in soft bricking and you have to find and install a stock firmware and it’s not easy at all.
- Root Access. Make sure to root your phone before going further.
- Install a Custom Recovery. It’s strongly recommended to use latest version of TWRP.
- TWRP 188.8.131.52. You can download it here.
- CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for HTC Desire C. Download here.
- Google apps. Lollipop Gapps. Download here.
How To Install CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop On HTC Desire C
- Do not continue if you aren’t prepared as we say above and make sure to meet all the requirements.
- Turn of your HTC Desire C.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Wipe all partitions, System, Cache, Dalvik Cache.
- Flash the CM 12 ROM zip file.
- Flash Gapps.
- Go into bootloader mode and take out boot.img from ROM zip and flash it.
- Before reboot, mount system in recovery. Open File Manager, suggested ES File Manager, and go to system/priv-app and delete CyanogenSetupWizard.
If you have any other question feel free to ask in the comment section below or visit the official thread on XDA forum here.