Android 5.1.1 has just landed on Samsung Galaxy S2. This device may be too old but thanks to developers you can transform it into a new one. This time OmniROM has made its way to Galaxy S2 bringing the Material Design experience.
If you want to enjoy something new and make your Galaxy S2 look colourful with the new Material Design that Lollipop brings than you should consider OmniROM as the first ROM to install. It’s an official release yet but according to the developer the ROM is stable enough so it would be a good idea to use OmniROM as a daily driver on Samsung Galaxy S2.
It has been a long time since Galaxy S2 doesn’t receive updates from Samsung but there is a great community out there who still create and port new stuff for Galaxy S2 to keep in touch with the latest features. This is proved because Galaxy S2 has received all the Android Updates thanks to Custom ROMs which sometimes are better than official firmware.￼
OmniROM is one of the most popular ROMs. It is based on Stock Android Open Source Project, AOSP. It will change your Galaxy UI and will bring to your phone Google’s stock Material Design Experience. At the end there will be no more TouchWiz user interface or any Samsung bloatware. You will have a brand new Galaxy S2 running a Stock Android ROM.
Note: I shall not held any responsible for any trouble with your device. Here at DoryLabs we only provide the guide but only you can decide to go further. Somif you want to install OmniROM Lollipop 5.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S3 do at your own risk.
- The OmniROM you are going to find here is only for Samsung Galaxy S2 I-9100. Do not try to flash it on other devices because it will result in bricked device.
- Your Galaxy S2 must be rooted and a Custom Recovery installed like TWRP or CWM.
- Make sure to backup all your important files so even if something goes wrong you still can access your files. I recommend to do a Nandroid backup because it will make a full copy of your phone.
- Charge your phone up to 60% so it will not shut down unexpectedly.
How To Update Galaxy S2 To Android 5.1.1 Lollipop With OmniROM
- Download OmniROM zip file and put it on the internal storage of the phone.
- Download Lollipop Gapps and put in the phone internal memory.
- Turn of your Samsung Galaxy S2.
- Boot it into Recovery by pressing Home + Volume Up + Power Button at the same time.
- Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Install the OmniROM zip file.
- Install Lollipop 5.1 Gapps.
Wait for your phone to turn on. The first boot may take more time than usually. Once your Galaxy S2 boots successfully it will be running OmniROM Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.